Harbourview Inn
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
Orbitz.com
2,227 results
All reviewscookies and milkwine and cheesewaterfront parkrooftop terracehistoric wingharbour viewharbourview roomm mswithin walking distancetempurpedic mattressbreakfast delivered to our roomeach morningperfect locationview of the waterlittle extrascontinental breakfastvalet parking
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I usually stay at another boutique hotel when visiting Charleston but it wasn't available. The Harbourview was a great choice. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the valet who gave us directions for getting to the front desk before taking the car.

We climbed the stairs to the front desk and were warmly greeted again. The desk clerk explained breakfast, afternoon tea, and the evening snack then explained how to get to our room.

The room was nicely appointed with two queen sized beds. The décor was welcoming and the beds were very comfortable.

We didn't have a nice view but that was the only shortcoming to this room.

It's wasn't my first choice, but it's was a decent replacement.

FYI-Yes, there was an elevator. We just decided to take the stairs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank CharcatB
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear CharcatB,

We are delighted you found HarbourView Inn to be a great choice and a convenient location for your trip in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future travelers. I am happy to hear you had a warm welcome from our Valet team, and continued to have great service from our entire team. Our service team is truly our greatest asset in delivering quality experiences. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you and your family in Dallas.

Please contact me directly if I may help you in any way and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Service was superb, room beautiful with river view, beds are fantastic! I would highly recommend this hotel. Small but very quiet, high ceiling rooms with huge windows, did i mention the tempurpedic beds? My husband and I were very pleased and will make it a point to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Floridatraveler320,

I am elated that the HarbourView Inn and our team delivered superb service during your time in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for sharing this kind review with us and future travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our cozy accommodation, our Tempur Pedic mattresses, and our beautiful views. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. We send our best to you and your family in sunny Florida.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great hotel with great staff in downtown Charleston. This place is near everything, a short walk in all directions. Beautiful rooms and a great breakfast served where you want it (Room/Rooftop/Lobby) and M&M's 24/7.

Room Tip: Any room is fine as this is the quiet section of downtown
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Russell G

Dear Russell G,

On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. We are delighted that you took advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed our complimentary services and amenities. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you and your family in Philadelphia.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We visited in January, which is the off-season for Charleston, so we got a great deal on the hotel. There were four adult family members traveling together and we shared one room. The location of this hotel is excellent, very close to the waterfront park. The staff was very friendly. Even though there was some construction, we couldn't hear any of it. We didn't get a room with a view of the harbor and so our view wasn't great, but that was OK with us. The rooftop lounge is excellent. The little perks of staying there (milk and cookie hour, wine and cheese hour, free breakfast delivered to your room) made it a great choice for us. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kweller
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Kweller,

I am thrilled to have you share your experience with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate your kind review, and we are pleased you enjoyed our ideal location, the views from our terrace and our complimentary services. A special thank you for complementing our hard working service team; they are truly our most valued asset in delivering a quality experience. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to accommodate you in a room with the newly renovated bathroom. Thank you again and we send our best to you in Pennsylvania.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

While this hotel is situated with lovely views of the water and is clean & comfortable, it just doesn't live up to the hype. The door attendant didn't make a move to help us with our luggage and after check in no one offered to show us to our room or explain anything. The room itself was large and the bed comfortable, but frankly it lacked warmth & charm. Worst of all, we were rudely awakened in the early hours of the morning--apparently a previous guest had set it and housekeeping didn't make sure it was turned off. So much for our lazy Sunday morning! All in all, it's OK, but for the price I expect a lot more.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diane S
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear SCTraveler5508,

I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us and future travelers. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed our views and took advantage of HarbourView Inn’s ideal location. However, it is our goal to provide a perfect experience to all of our guests, and I am saddened that we did not meet all of your expectations. It is our goal to always have a valet attendant visible and available to assist guests with their every need, especially baggage service and welcoming guests into their accommodations. While we usually have two valet attendants available, perhaps they were busy with other arrivals, check outs or side work. We will certainly use your feedback in our dedication to continuously improve our services. Furthermore, our housekeeping staff will improve their services by making sure all past alarms are disabled so future guests may enjoy their much deserved rest.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in Historic Charleston. We would be happy to accommodate you in the future to showcase our service upgrades and future room updates. Please contact me directly if I may assist you in any way and it will be my pleasure to assist you. We send our best to you and your family in Greenville.