“Harbourview Inn”
Review of Harbourview Inn

Harbourview Inn
Ranked #6 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great hotel. Great location.
Our room had a wonderful view of the harbor.
Highly recommend it.
We spent three nights in Charleston.
Able to walk to great restaurants and shopping and the historic district.

Room Tip: Corner rooms - great light and great views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Kurt P,

We are happy you found the HarbourView Inn to be a great hotel in a great location in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of great views and an ideal location with future travelers. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Denver.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

HarbourView Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel has always been a favorite of mine & I decided to take my soon to be bride Miss Mary there for a night on the town & stay at the hotel. The rooms are extremely clean, large & comfortable. The hotel lobby if very bright & cheery as are the front desk staff Miss Sabrina & Miss Lisa. Around 5pm there is a happy hour of cheese, crackers & wine for the guests with cookies & milk served around 9-10pm. The morning breakfast is adequate & can be delivered to the room, atrium or upstairs on the balcony. The hotel is directly across from the bay & only a few blocks to the market place & also Harris Teeters grocery store. This was a stay to celebrate our engagement & to our surprise a complimentary bottle of champagne arrived in our room after dinner. Give them a try, you will see why we are repeat guests.

Room Tip: Request a room on 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the bay
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ray R,

We are thrilled to be among your favorite hotels and congratulations on your engagement! HarbourView Inn is honored to be a part of this very special occasion. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future guests. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary services, the sparkling wine delivery and our ideal location. Also, I especially thank you for the kind remarks of Lisa and Sabrina; they are true assets to our team. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Bluffton.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I can't wait to go back to this place. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, this hotel was an incredible experience. The staff is fabulous, everyone is so friendly. My room was clean, spacious, quiet, comfortable. I did not want to get out of bed. I ordered breakfast to be served in the atrium. I had no idea I would get a phone call telling me my breakfast would be served in 5 minutes. What a neat surprise. The bed was turned down and there was chocolate on the bed. Been a long time since I've had that. I have definitely found my new Charleston hotel. The location is just perfect too.

Room Tip: I was on the harbor side, perfect spot. My co-worker was on the other side and had a view of a tree...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bjkennedy,

We cannot wait to host you on your next trip to Historic Charleston! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we thank you for complementing our personal service and we are thrilled you enjoyed our cozy accommodations, the complimentary services and our ideal location. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Atlanta.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I took a few days getaway to Charleston and stayed at this Inn for two nights. The staff is wonderful and very helpful with things to do and directions. The room was clean and comfortable. The most amazing thing is that you can order your breakfast the night before and they deliver it to your room so you can start your day out right. The afternoon cheese and wine was fantastic. We stayed right on the harbour view and it was fantastic. We did get rain so we missed out on alot, but that is one more reason to return to this beautiful inn.

Room Tip: select a room right on the harvour top floor....fantastic :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Debe704581,

I am delighted to see our service team was helpful with suggestions and directions. The HarbourView Inn service team is the most valued asset in delivering a quality service to our esteemed guests. We thank you for sharing your experience with future travelers of Historic Charleston. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary services, the views and our cozy accommodations. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Florida.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed at the HarbourView Inn this past October. I have never had a more enjoyable experience. The inn was immaculate, beautifully decorated and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Someone else mentioned how wonderful the beds were - absolutely the best! We had our choice of where we wanted to eat breakfast each morning - the view from the rooftop was wonderful. We made our selections the night before so our breakfast was there just when we wanted it to be. Another wonderful feature - the inn is close to everything! Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 690lovetotravel6,

Thank you for recalling your experience at the HarbourVIew Inn this past fall. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your kind remarks and we are happy you relished our personal service, complimentary services, and our fantastic location in Historic Charleston. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you and your family.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend a few days in Charleston with another couple. We choose this hotel because of it's location near shops, restaurants and of course the harbor is literally in it's backyard. What we didn't expect was the exceptional service throughout our stay. The entire staff was always so generous and patient with their time and our requests. The perks were really lovely....happy hour, bedtime milk and cookies and a wonderful breakfast served in your room, or on the rooftop terrace or in the various sitting areas throughout the hotel. BTW, our room was very well appointed and we had the most gorgeous gigantic bathtub I have ever seen!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Connieagatheas,

I am pleased you and your husband experienced exceptional service from the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your kind remarks and for helping spread the word of our specialized services. We are happy you enjoyed our ideal location, the views from our terrace and all of our complimentary amenities and services. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you and your family.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Not kidding -we had to ask the two helpful and ebullient young ladies, Lisa and Sarema(sp) at the front desk about the Temperpedic mattress! The hotel is located near the restaurants, market, horse n buggy and water walk. We shall return.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Boei V,

We are thrilled that you took advantage of our location and had your best sleep ever in HarbourView Inn’s cozy accommodations and tempur pedic mattresses. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. Also, I know Sabrina and Lisa appreciate your kind remarks. They are true assets to our team. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in our Nation’s Capital.