Harbourview Inn
  • Pool
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Breakfast included
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$249
$359
$229
$228
$197
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$219
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$399
$389
2,204 results
All reviewscookies and milkwine and cheesewaterfront parkrooftop terracehistoric wingharbour viewharbourview roomm mswithin walking distancetempurpedic mattressbreakfast delivered to our roomeach morningperfect locationview of the waterlittle extrascontinental breakfastvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful weekend stay at the Harbourview Inn. Our room was clean and well appointed. The exposed brick wall was a beautiful touch. The staff was friendly and accommodating. And the location was perfect, within walking distance to many awesome Charleston area restaurants. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Jennifer L,

It brings great pleasure that the HarbourView Inn delivered a wonderful experience to you and your friends. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for sharing your compliments of our unique Historic Wing rooms and our most convenient location in Historic Charleston near shopping, dining and several attractions. An extra special thank you for complementing our staff, they are truly our most valuable asset and we appreciate everything they do to provide quality experiences to our guests. We would love to accommodate you again on a return visit to Historic Charleston, and we send our best to you beautiful Denver.

Please contact me any time if I may assist you in any way.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Having stayed at this property with my husband last year, I recently sent my parents there overnight as a gift and I must say that every detail of their stay was carefully and thoughtfully managed by the staff. They took great care of my parents, ensured they had a wonderful room, managed their dinner reservations, and even sent them a bottle of complimentary champagne. This is a wonderful place to stay in a great location in Charleston and the staff was so helpful and accommodating. Thank you Harbourview and hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear NYC425,

It brings great pleasure that your parents had a wonderful experience at the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for sharing your kind remarks with us and future travelers. It is important for us to provide a quality experience for all of our guests and we are thrilled your parents’ special occasion was complimented by our hard working team and all of our services. We hope to accommodate you and your family on future trips to Historic Charleston, and we send our best to you in New York.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A wonderful first time weekend in Charleston and Harbourview Inn could not have been any better. The location, the attention to detail, the cleanliness, and the timely and well prepared breakfasts were all outstanding. Great job folks, we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BeachDawgGeorgia

Dear BeachDawgGeorgia,

We are overjoyed to hear you plan on returning to the HarbourView Inn after a nice first experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your outstanding experience of our specialized services and convenient location near shopping, dining and attractions of Historic Charleston. We send our best to you and your family in Georgia.

Please contact me any time if I may assist you in any way.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Harbourview Inn was the fifth and final hotel in my US tour and unfortunately the least satisfying.

Location is good and valet parking and concierge were efficient. Check in was fine but much less friendly than in my previous stays during my trip.

The hotel is smart and classy but was a bit dull for my liking - everything seemed to be a shade of brown.

My harbour view room was a good size with excellent bed and comfortable chair. The terrace however, the main reason why I paid a significant supplement for that room, was virtually unusable. The doors only swung out at 90 degrees rather than back flat against the wall and the door stops were not long enough to reach the ground. The two chairs were high, bar stool type which I found uncomfortable and unsteady. The communal outside roof terrace however was a fine environment as an alternative.

Hotel wifi was very slow but luckily I could pick up free Charleston wifi which was perfect.

Having to chose the time for breakfast service before 11.30pm was not convenient when on holiday and unsure when one should waken. There was tea and coffee available all day in the lobby which helped and croissants in the morning. Complementary wine and cheese was excellent and served with a smile.

This review probably sounds more negative than the place deserves but for me there was no wow-factor. Sorry.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rally_Traveller

Dear Rally_Traveller,

We would like to thank you for providing this candid review and wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your great experience with our convenient location in the heart of Historic Charleston and with our valet and concierge services. Our service team is our most valuable asset when it comes to providing guests with a quality experience, and they will appreciate your compliments.

We are dedicated to continually improve upon our existing accommodations and services, and guest feedback is most valuable to us in this endeavor. With your perspective on the accommodation’s harbor view balcony, we will consider new ideas to improve the comfort and accessibility of these rooms’ balconies. We are thrilled our rooftop terrace was a nice alternative. Also, we will inspect the connectivity of our free wireless internet on your room’s level. As an alternative to partaking in our complimentary breakfast delivery, we also have continental breakfast items displayed in our atrium lobby for those that do not want to be on a time constraint.

We do hope you were able to enjoy our beautiful city and the other specialized services of the HarbourView Inn. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, and if you choose to return please do not hesitate to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you in any way. We send our best to you overseas in the U.K.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a gorgeous room with a balcony overlooking the water. Marvelous. Wine and cheese in lobby area every evening! Breakfast free served either in your room or in a gorgeous terrace on fourth floor. Only problem was cushions on outdoor furniture always wet. Also on our third day we left our room at ten a.m. and upon return around four p.m. our room was not made up. Disappointing. But overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank rosierose03
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear rosierose03,

We are thrilled you enjoyed your luxury accommodations overlooking Historic Charleston’s beautiful harbor. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience of specialized complimentary services and beautiful views with future travelers. We would also like to thank you for sharing feedback with us, as it will contribute to the continuing improvements of the HarbourView Inn’s services. Though it is tough to keep our open air terrace dry during rain, we are pleased to know you still enjoyed this as a location for your breakfast delivery. Our housekeeping service may run later on busy days, but we are happy to meet requests such as an earlier housekeeping service for any future visits. We hope to accommodate you on any future visits to Historic Charleston.

Please contact me directly if I may assist you in any way.