We took advantage of a Trip Advisor discount to stay here 3 nights... the offer discounted the room to $231 for two of the nights -- the rate was $319 for the third night. The room we had was initially a disappointment... we had a view of what seemed to be their electrical plant with some palmettos around it (in other words, no view) -- perhaps these were the rooms available via the discount. That said, once we got use to the idea we'd have no view at all, the room itself, while nothing special, was fine. We were traveling with our 12 year old daughter and all 3 of us slept very well on the memory foam beds (in fact we all liked them). The room was quiet, which was a concern b/c we were near their Atrium (which is the sitting area for amenities and breakfast), but we did not have a problem with any noise. We were not aware of all the amenities they offer ahead of time and we were happy we could have breakfast delivered to our room to get us going in the a.m. It was delivered on time each day and was exactly what we ordered. We were pleased they had tea and coffee and water out during the day as well as fruit and M&M's. The cookies and milk at night were appreciated by our daughter. It poured the first full day of our trip and we were glad we had a rental car (I had considered canceling the rental car -- you don't really need one to get around the historic area and it does cost $20 a night to park). The bellman made a point of warning us about flooded roads and we were very grateful for his advice, b/c in all the travel info I'd read, I never saw anything about what happens when it rains in Charleston (i.e., extensive street flooding). The location of this hotel is great if you want to be able to walk to some of the best restaurants in town and historical sights. We took a walking tour sponsored by the Historic Charleston Foundation and throughly enjoyed it. We also took in a concert through the Festival of Houses and Gardens and enjoyed it as well. Over the 3 days we stayed there I did begin to appreciate the service the hotel offers -- things just seemed to be taken care of without a lot of need for contact -- our rooms were made up, breakfast was delivered, turn down service was done, amenities were replaced without having to ask. Even though there isn't a big lobby, there is a small one that had a fireplace and on one of the unseasonably cold days we had it was nice to sit for a few minutes and warm up. All in all, the hotel grew on me and I would recommend staying there -- the location is great and the service is good -- for the room we had, I think the $230 price range was appropriate -- $300 plus was pushing it -- for a room with a view, this hotel would probably be an excellent choice. I do agree with others that their staff seemed a bit young and inexperienced, but we didn't need assistance. Also, while they don't have a restaurant, there are so many good restaurants within walking distance that wasn't a problem for us -- the breakfast they offer and snacks were enough to keep us going throughout the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston