We received a night's stay at the Harborview Inn as an early Christmas gift. We were traveling from Virginia to Florida, and decided to break our trip in Charleston, SC. It was a great decision, and our biggest regret is that we only stayed the one night. In spite of our time limitations, we managed to pack in quite a bit of sightseeing, shopping in the City Market, eating :-), and gazing at the water from the pier right next to the hotel. The hotel is located in the historical French quarter, which means you don't have to travel far afield to find interesting sights.
The hotel offers so much in the way of comfort in the room and added treats such as a wine and cheese reception in the early evening and milk and cookies at bedtime that you might be tempted to never venture outside.
Breakfast was another wonderful experience. Guests can choose their meal, their preferred time to eat, and their preferred place to eat as well. Although many guests had their breakfast delivered to their rooms, or ate in the atrium, we opted to be served on the rooftop terrace. It was so beautiful to be sipping our coffee under a cloudless blue and sunny sky!
The staff were all professional, friendly and helpful. They provided us with a wealth of information about the city and things to do and see.
We definitely intend to return to Charleston and the Harborview Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston