“Comfortable, pretty and quaint”

Andrew Pinckney Inn
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed at this inn from December 26th-28th. It was very pretty and clean and in a fantastic location for everything in the Historic area. The room was pretty- the bathroom counter- beautiful. They have Bath and Body Works toiletries. The lobby is so quaint and very lovely. The person at the front desk- Sandy- was very knowledable and friendly. We were very pleased with our visit and would return to this inn again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,675)

Reviewed December 27, 2009

We could not have been more pleased with our experience--every aspect was delightful! Personnel were friendly and helpful; breakfast far exceeded our expectations; our room was beautiful and comfortable. Perfectly located in the heart of Charleston, the Andrew Pinckney Inn provided a perfect Christmas getaway.

Reviewed December 17, 2009

My wife and I visit Charleston at least once a year and of recent, a couple times a year. Our trip in December for three nights included our two college aged daughters for their first trip to Charleston in many years. Over the years we have stayed at several different properties in the historic area but decided to look for a different lodging experience for no particular reason other than something different... I chose the Andrew Pinckney Inn.

My initial communications and reservation was handled very courteously and expeditiously ... even with late changes. The front desk staff was friendly, professional and eager to help with any request providing suggestions for activities, shopping and dining.

As previously mentioned in reviews, the location of the Inn is superb being nestled in the historic area by the Market and within easy walking distance to the outstanding restaurants Charleston has to offer.

Breakfast is served in the Church Street building (across from the Pinckney Street building) and was well done. While the weather didn't cooperate by allowing enjoyment of the terrace tables, seating is available elsewhere but we opted to use the provided trays to enjoy breakfast in our room.

Our rooms were very comfortable and spacious and equipped with all a traveler needs. Our bathrooms were nicely appointed with showers. I was very pleased with the room itself.

The Andrew Pickney Inn is a very nicely done "crossover", something between a bed and breakfast and hotel. Its size provides the comforts and amenities we like when we travel but also has a small inn feel. The staff was very accomodating and is a real asset to the Inn.

My family enjoyed our three nights and when we once again return to Charleston, I suspect that I will not be looking for anything different having found the Andrew Pinckney Inn.

• Stayed: December 2009
3  Thank Conchobar
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Overall I think this is a wonderful place to stay in Charleston. The location is its greates perk. Its in the heart of historic downtown, so everything is an easy walk. The price is very reasonable given its location. They provide breakfast in the morning on a rooftop terrace looking out towards the water. I would say the breakfast was slightly above average for this class hotel/inn. The lobby was very quaint looking and the front desk workers were adequate. There were a few nice touches that made the stay pleasant: free wireless internet(expected in today's day and age), coffee/hot choc/hot tea all day, cookies in the evening, parking is taken care of on your bill so you avoid the hastle of paying at the garage. I think my only complaints are most likely due to the room my wife and I had. We were on the first floor with a window on Church St. This is right next door to the service entrance for Hank's restaurant. On Sun morning at 6:45 there was a delivery truck dropping off supplies at the restaurant, which needless to say isn't my ideal alarm clock. Something else that may seem silly but really annoyed me was a poor excuse for an ironing board. Its fun to wear decent clothes to some of the nice restaurants in town, but when the ironing board was literally useless it made looking nice a little more challenging. This may be nitpicky, but I feel this is very basic for any hotel worth its salt. Having said this, I would stay here again and I would send my friends here as well. We had a nice time.

Reviewed December 1, 2009

What a neat place. Close to everything worth seeing in the downtown area. The rates are super! I parked right behind the lobby building for a nominal fee and never moved the car.
I've checked the rates in other downtown hotels and nothing is close. My sister and her husband live on King St. but chose to stay at the Pinckney for a little independence and am glad I did. Coffee, tea and cookies always in the lobby ... nice touch. Not a big breakfast eater but enjoyed having an assortment to choose from. It was too cold on my visit but that terrace sure was tempting! Check their site out and see if its for you.. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2009

This was our second trip to Andrew Pinckney Inn. Both times were great. Only downside this time was our room had no windows and 1 day my wife got locked in the bathroom. Staff was helpful though. Fresh cookies and coffee every evening in lobby and breakfast is served daily on the Terrace that overlooks the city. The hotel is valued priced compared to the other downtown historic hotels. The hotel is in the heart of the historic district. Park your car and leave it until you are ready to go home. Would highly recommend but would also request a room with windows. We will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unccdad
Reviewed November 21, 2009

We stayed here for our first anniversary. The hotel staff was very pleasant and accomadating. We stayed in a suite which was so spacious and wonderful. I love the little touches, bath & body works shampoo and lotions, nice fluffy soft towels, extra pillows, cookies with coffee & tea available in the lobby, a beautiful breakfast area overlooking the city and water (once the fog lifted), fresh fruit and great tasting coffee in the morning. Parking on site is tight, but great parking garage across the street that they add the charge to your hotel bill so you don't have to deal with the garage at all. Great location, right next to themarket yet on a quiet street. The ony thing we would of changed was being able to stay longer :)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple