My wife and I stayed at the API for two nights and would echo the views of other reviewers that this hotel is very well located for touring the downtown historic area on foot. Location of your room could also be key. We had a 'traditional king' room located in the annex. The room (no 101) was on the ground floor up a few steps from the main door. On check in I noted the presence of the lift shaft , an ice maker, and a refrigerated cold drink vending machine. Apprehensive at the prospect of noise disturbance I asked for a room change. Although the staff on reception checked the rooming list no alternative was available but they did offer to check again the following day. In view of our short stay I declined their offer and decided to stay put. As events transpired we were not troubled too much by noise but the potential for noise disturbance in this room (and adjacent rooms 102 and 103 on the same floor) would appear significant. Overall we enjoyed our stay and found the staff very pleasant and helpful. We took the continental breakfast and as the weather was benign we were able to enjoy the roof terrace however seating there did appear limited. We were also fortunate to find a space in the hotel car park where we left the car and explored this wonderful town on foot. As room size and location in this hotel could be critical (based on our experience and other reviews) it probably pays to check in as early as you can or make a specific request when making a reservation. Overall a satisfactory experience representing average value for money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic district and recently restored, the Andrew Pinckney Inn is at the center of everything Charleston has to offer. With our ideal downtown location, find yourself just steps away from the lively atmosphere of renowned restaurants and shops that surround Charleston’s historic City Market. For over 200 years, the Charleston City Market has been a retreat for both locals and visitors to find unique treasures delivered by over 100 vendors. And with a mild year-round climate, Charleston, SC is best enjoyed outdoors. Spend the day exploring our charming city, or soak in the warm sunshine on our rooftop terrace which boasts stunning views of the Charleston skyline and vibrant harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Andrew Pinckney Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andrew Pinckney Hotel Charleston
- Andrew Pinckney Charleston