“Still the BEST”

Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Traveling on business, I love this Hotel. It's location is perfect. It is located downtown, in a safe area and within easy walking to all the best restaurants and attractions. The friendly staff treat you like family and greet you with smiling faces and eager to help with anything. The valet parking is very convenient and reasonable. Best of all is the breakfast that is included with your reservation. It's an open (but does have enclosure flaps in chilly or bad weather) balcony that looks over the market. The food is wonderful and filling. You are steps away from to the market and Waterfront Park. The double bed room was nice & roomy. The bathroom was a little small, but this is a historical hotel! The entire hotel is very clean and has wonderful linens. The staff are extremely polite and gracious. I'll be traveling back for business soon and look forward to seeing my Charleston family.

Room Tip: If you are a light or late sleeper, Room 303 is directly below the breakfast area and the staff star...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gilda B
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent visit at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. We certainly appreciate your patronage and loyalty as you travel to Charleston often for business. It is an honor for our staff to build relationships with our repeat guest. Thank you again for making the Andrew Pinckney Inn your "home away from home".

Reviewed April 23, 2014

A smart cosy hotel,in an excellent location,Friendly staff, always helpful and willing to accommodate any request or inquiry. Breakfast was sufficient,croissants, oatmeal,cereals, fruit, boiled eggs and lots of hot coffee,just right to start the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room,we were given perhaps the largest room in the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I made a reservation at this Inn for one night one week ahead by phone and could only get one night as they were full and I was going to have to stay way out of town for the other 4 nights. I explained at least I would have one night in town if I reserved with them.They said I was lucky to get one night with them as they had just gotten a cancellation. When I arrived in Charleston Wednesday I was able to get a room right around the corner due to a cancellation so on Friday I cancelled the reservation for Saturday thinking they had the usual 24 hr cancellation policy. I even went in person to explain and the desk said I would have to talk to the manager to not be charged although there were people there wanting that room.He said the policy was to cancell 3 days in advance.He had to charge me $450 for the night I cancelled but I could call the manager and ask to not be charged since they could fill the room but he did not have the authority to do so . I called the manager and left a message. I called back to the desk and he said the manager was not in the hotel . What kind of hotel doesn't have a manager around on a Friday at 4pm especially one of this caliber?I called the next day and left messages on both days. It has been 6 days now and I get an email asking how I liked my stay there. I got the feeling they think you are lucky if they let you stay there instead of extending service. Stay at the Doubletree across the street and save yourself some money! I'm sorry I bothered to cancel since they took double the money giving the room to someone else and charging both of us. .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank CCPatton
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and conveniently located. There are two buildings and we stayed in the one across from the registration area. The room was nicely decorated and spacious. There was a patio on the fourth floor which had great views. The only problem with that though was it was directly above us. At 6am every morning they started setting up for breakfast which was very loud. Then everyone started coming in. It truly sounded like tables being moved until 10am. We spoke to the front desk on or second night and told him they should warn people if they were not early risers. He didn't say much and it seemed like this was not a new complaint. Overall our stay would have been fine if not for the noise including from outside as the windows were not very thick.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank bvear
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Andrew Pinckney Inn in Charleston is in an ideal location; you can walk to most things. The inn itself is lovely. Rooms very comfortable. People at the desk were most helpful with ideas for restaurants and things to see. Breakfast was ample with many good choices.

Room Tip: If we travel here again, would not pick Rm. 114. It overlooks the street and was noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia C
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

As you mentioned our location is ideal to shopping, dining, touring and many other fun adventures in the heart of the historic district. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for taking the time to post for other potential guest to view as well.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Andrew Pinckney Inn is definitely lovely and historic but along with the charm that comes some trade-offs. This property is in a fantastic location within Charleston, close to great restaurants and shopping. The staff is also very friendly and welcoming. If it weren't for the fact that I found the beds very uncomfortable (too hard) and found it impossible to sleep I would give it a higher rating---I really wanted to. The hotel is very noisy as you can hear everything through the walls of the room. As a result, it doesn't really feel like there is much privacy. If you do stay here, bring some ear plugs and, unless you enjoy your bed to be hard as a rock, bring along a mattress pad too.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmberNatalie

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments It is most rewarding to know that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and our location ideal for shopping and dining. It is unfortunate though that our bedding did not suit your taste perhaps in the future there will be more bedding options that we can offer our guest.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Andrew Pinckney on two occasions in April this year.
The minute we walked in the door we knew we had made the right choice; the unforced charm of the young men at the desk, the helpful porter waiting to carry our bags - to say nothing of the coffee and fresh fruit juice always available in the reception area! - all of these made us feel welcomed, made us feel like friends.
Our room with its great wooden bedhead, the white shutters at the window, was such a joy to walk into - and so comfortable to stay in.
And the breakfast on the high terrace so tasty and plentiful, the perfect start to a day in this most beautiful of towns.
We felt "at home" and this is such a special experience when one is travelling.
The excellent young men in Reception were a fund of information and help. They knew all the best restaurants, could fix anything, just as a friend would were one staying in a private house.
And the Andrew Pinckney is downtown. Nothing jars at this most comfortable inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Thank you so much for the beautiful comments you posted for other potential guest to view. It is a pleasure to hear from all our guest but especially our international friends. Our staff takes great pride in the service that we provide and we are delighted to know that you noticed that fact. We certainly appreciate that you choose the Andrew Pinckney Inn not only once but twice on your recent visit to the US. We hope to see you again next year.

Cheers,