“We ADORED this beautiful little hotel!”

Andrew Pinckney Inn
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and myself had the opportunity to stay at this wonderful hotel for our vacation this year. We were beyond pleased!
Check in a was a cinch and if we needed anything at all, that staff was accommodating. The service here is friendly, professional and simply exceptional!
I loved our room so much! It was spotlessly clean, brand new and modern. The building had a great mixture of an old time historical feel as well as clean and crisp!
The location was perfect; walking distance from everywhere and everything - restaurants ( we HIGHLY recommend FIG, right around the corner. Get reservations! ) shopping, museums etc.
I never wanted to leave! We hope to be back again soon!
The Adams

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johannah A
There are newer reviews for Andrew Pinckney Inn

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. We had a wonderful time. Unfortunately the weather was (unusually) very wet. However the service and friendliness of all of the staff made our stay there a time to remember. The location is perfect, with close access to everything you need. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Took a trip with one of my best friends and we had the best experience at the hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful, the location was excellent, and the hotel itself was lovely. The rooms were a good size, the breakfast each morning was just lovely, and the staff was very attentive to our needs. Being just a few blocks from the Market, from King Street, and from the waterfront made the hotel even better. I'm planning another trip to Charleston with my mother and we will most definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Best breakfast ever! Conveniently located to everything downtown. Rooms are lovely and clean. Everyone is friendly. Sandy Pelman is a wonderful person to ask what to see and do (plus he is a great cook). Covered rooftop porch for breakfast or for anytime lounging.Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street side towards the hotel's office. It was bright and sunny. There is s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My hubby, two year old and I recently stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn for 3 nights. We loved the location which provided easy access to the Market, carriage rides, shops and restaurants.
We especially appreciated the help of Sandy Pelham, the Inn's Guest Services Manager. His enthusiasm and lovely demeanor made us feel at home while taking care of our every wish. Another highlight is the Inn's rooftop dining area where breakfast is served and cocktails can be enjoyed overlooking the cityscape.
Litsa Rorris
Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Can't understand how this can only be ranked 18 out of 54 - it was a superb place to spend three days in early May and so central to everything in Charleston. Beautiful modernised inn but with characterful features. The staff were extremely helpful and the continental breakfasts delicious out on the balcony across the street. We were upgraded to a two storey town-house room which was fabulous. Highly recommend this as a base for exploring Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I frequently travel to Charleston for business and each time I select a differnt hotel. This is mostly becuase I have yet to find a great hotel in a great location. On my most recent stay in Charleston, I stayed at the Andrew Pickney Inn. I seleted it because of the location and the great rate.

Upon our arrival, our group was greeted by the valet, who not only parked our vehicle, but offered to take the empty fast food bag (that I was holding to throw away in the lobby) and throw it away for us. The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating.

My room was a decent size, considering this hotel is located near the heart of the city (I have found that most of the hotels in Charleston proper are older and thus the rooms are smaller). The room was also very clean. We were within walking distance of all the major attractions and restaurants.

The hotel had a great continental breakfast, which we enjoyed each day we were there. Our only complaint would be the seating. There was an outdoor area, but it was cold and rainy during our stay, so the indoor seating areas filled up. However, we had somewhere to sit each day, we just moved quickly so others could sit and enjoy their breakfast.

Overall, I would have to say that the Andrew Pickney Inn was a great place to stay and it was also affordable. I will make it a point to stay there on future visits to Charleston.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business