“Great Location!”

Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved this hotel in the historic district. This was our first trip to Charleston and I Ioved the fact that Sandy and others at the front desk would make strong recommendations...they were wonderful choices! It was a great location from which to explore Charleston. We also enjoyed the delicious breakfast with seating on the rooftop terrace. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail62305
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments of our staff's service provided and recommendations during your stay. It is a pleasure to serve our guest and most rewarding when we see you off with a smile and feeling pampered. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Andrew Pinckney Inn

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just returned from 4 nights at the Pinckney Inn. The hotel is great, good location, very nice, clean rooms. But the best part is the service and attention from the staff. Sandy at the front desk could not do enough for us. He never hesitated to make us feel special and help us out with any questions we had. He was even able to change our room after the first night because we were directly under the patio where the breakfast is served and it got quite noisy early in the morning. Keith was also very willing to answer any questions and made some great recommendations for restaurants Their breakfast buffet is great and usually included an egg dish every morning. Everything is within walking distance of the Inn, only used our car to visit Boone Hall Plantaion. Woud definitively stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 303 is directly under where breakfast is served. Quite noisy in the mornings.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol D
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a most enjoable stay with us at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. Our staff takes great pride in providing the finest guest service in Charleston. Hopefully you will be back to visit again soon. Thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn for 1 night at the end of August. This was our first trip to Charleston and I am so glad that I chose this hotel. I had booked a historic queen value room on hotels.com, but when we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded to a very spacious two-level suite. The lower level was a sitting area with a wetbar and a 1/2 bath and the upper level was the bedroom, bath and a private outdoor sitting area. It was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The king bed was very comfortable and we got a very good night's sleep because it was very quiet. The hotel is located a block from the Market and many great restaurants and shopping areas are within walking distance. The breakfast had many choices and the food was very tasty. We also enjoyed the cookies and beverages in the lobby. Our stay there was not only delightful, but memorable. The outer bands of rain from Hurricane Isaac caused massive flooding in the Charleston area and we almost had to stay an extra night at API because we couldn't drive through the standing water. Unfortunately, the waters receded and we had to leave. But, if we return to Charleston we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cabodeb

Thank you for choosing the Andrew Pinckney Inn for your first visit to Charleston. We appreciate the kind words of our service and accommodations offered to you during your stay. We hope that when you visit Charleston again we will have the opportunity to once again serve you.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

A lovely hotel situated in the best section of historic Charleston.
The main market, stores and best restaurants are a very close walk away.
Very easy to get around the city from this location.
The gentleman at the front desk gave us a warm welcome and has
been very helpful in every way.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank syan0vich

Thank you for taking the time to post comments of your stay at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. We hope that we will see you once again in the near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my husband and I first time to Charleston and we had a wonderful trip. The Andrew Pinckney Inn was a delight. You can't beat this location. We didn't have a car, and didn't need one. Everything is within walking distance and if you go on a tour, they pick you up, which was great. The staff at the INN is extremely nice and accommodating. Sandy, Jeffrey and Andrew went above and beyond for us to make sure we had a great stay. They helped with reservations, gave suggestions and even recipes for their yummy breakfasts which were served on the roofdeck.... thanks Sandy. Plenty of good shopping and great restaurants Penisula Grill, McCradys, SNOB were just some of my favorites. We did the Magnolia Plantation Tour and a very informative horse and carriage ride...... even walked down the street and treated ourselves to a massage. I would recommend booking tours with the concierge though bc the tour people on the streets are very pushy. All and all, it was a great trip and I highly recommend not only Charleston in general but the Andrew Pinckney Inn. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the yellow building, there are 2 buildings. Our suite was great, had 2 floors!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizzyo48

Thank you for choosing the Andrew Pinckney Inn for such a special celebration. It is so rewarding to hear comments such as yours of our staff's service and accommodations offered. As you mentioned the location can not be better for a getaway filled with shopping, dining and leisurely strolls in the historic district.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My mom and I stayed at the Pinchney for only 1 day/night and didn't want to leave. The staff were extremely nice and accomodating, the rooms were beautiful and comfortable, and I've never had a continental breakfast that filled me up until lunch! Within walking distance to the ocean, shopping, and restaurants. I'd stay again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Charleston is a really expensive city and I had trouble finding somewhere to stay downtown that wasn't too expensive. This was a great find. It was in a perfect location and walking distance to most of the peninsula. After reading e reviews on here I had a couple of concerns but these turned out to be not a problem. First of all I booked a king room and when booking I asked for a quiet room as I was flying in from Australia so needed some sleep. I was put on the top floor and in the back corner away from the lifts. I had no problem at all with noise. I had read that other people had criticised the breakfast but either it has changed or the criticism was a little unfair as I found it perfectly adequate. There was usually a choice of 3 hot dishes, bagels, muffins or Danishes, cereals, fruit salad, yogurt, oats and juice, tea, coffee. The air conditioning in the room worked well but was very loud so I didn't sleep with it on. The hotel also had a bit of a damp smell and while it was clean, there were bits which were a bit old and run down. Otherwise staff were all friendly, free wifi worked really well on both ipad and smartphone, and helpful and I had a great stay. Oh, I was over the road in the church street building.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Claire B

So nice to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay after such a long journey from Australia. It is a delight to know that you enjoyed your restful accommodations and our continental breakfast on our Rooftop Terrace each morning. Thanks for choosing the Andrew Pinckney Inn and we hope that if your visiting the US once again that you will visit us in Charleston.