Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. I certainly hit a home run when I selected the Andrew Pickney Inn for our stay in Charleston this trip. We had European visitors we were hosting and they were really Wow'ed by the hotel.
Upon arriving, we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff and invited to sit down at the desk to complete our check in process. Coffee, lemonade and cookies were offered to my guests while I completed the paperwork. The lobby reminded me of a european style library and had a very comfortable feel. This became our gathering point during our stay.
We had a lot of questions and our attendant was very helpful and made numerous suggestions that we noted and as expected, turned out to be great choices for lunch, dinner and shopping.
The rooms we had were immaculate. All the amenities were there and of high quality from the bed covers to the soaps and shampoos.
The Inn is just a short walk to any of the shops, restaurants and entertainment. The Inn offered parking which was great...........we never had to use the car.
The front desk staff became our best friends and each time I entered, I was greeted by name. They probably got tired of all our questions, but they seemed genuinely enthusiastic at each encounter.
The room included a complimentary breakfast each day. My thoughts usually are this is something I don't really need as there is so much in Charleston to experience. To my surpise, the breakfast was on the fourth floor of the other building, open air with great views of the city.
And breakfast was what it was, an egg dish with potatoes, ham and cheese. Yogurts, danish, biscuts with sausage gravey, juices, coffee and yes, fresh fruit.
The attendant on the roof top was very pleasant and we actually sat for an hour or so just enjoying the fresh air, views and company. A great treat.
My next visit will be with just my wife.............what a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic district and recently restored, the Andrew Pinckney Inn is at the center of everything Charleston has to offer. With our ideal downtown location, find yourself just steps away from the lively atmosphere of renowned restaurants and shops that surround Charleston’s historic City Market. For over 200 years, the Charleston City Market has been a retreat for both locals and visitors to find unique treasures delivered by over 100 vendors. And with a mild year-round climate, Charleston, SC is best enjoyed outdoors. Spend the day exploring our charming city, or soak in the warm sunshine on our rooftop terrace which boasts stunning views of the Charleston skyline and vibrant harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Andrew Pinckney Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andrew Pinckney Hotel Charleston
- Andrew Pinckney Charleston