2,793 results
All reviews historic district toast restaurant room was clean within walking distance excellent location park your car meeting street can't beat the location an older hotel city market walked everywhere king street microwave downtown convenience battery
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019

Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District is a very cool hotel right in the middle of everything in Charleston. It is great for what it is if you are looking for something simple and convenient walking distance to everything that you need to get to and see. I have always enjoyed visiting here and have had an excellent experience every time I been here. The staff and front desk are super accommodating and will do everything in their power and go out of there way to make sure everything is right. I really like the pool area here too as it is the perfect size and very relaxing after a long day on your feet. Overall this is a really great hotel that has every thing you need to enjoy all that Charleston has to offer.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
155DaysInnGM, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Historic Charleston and for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate your positive comments, most especially about our team. It is always great to start our day with such nice feedback. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Charleston.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed June 9, 2019

My husand and I have stayed here several times only because we couldn't find anything else available on short notice. The first two times the stay was fine, but the last time we swore it would be our last! They towed my car because the stupid parking pass wasn't on the dash. We had just came back from shopping at the outlet mall and parked right in front of the office. We were there for 5 days. Any idiot working in the office would have noticed the same car sitting there every day!!!! Cost me time, frustration and money. Don't move your car if you stay here!

Date of stay: July 2018
155DaysInnGM, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

We apologize you were towed due to not following the instructions on the parking pass or the verbal instructions given during check in. As you were explained the only way the towing company knows your car belongs in our parking lot is by the parking pass being displayed on the dashboard of your vehicle. We do not call the towing company, they monitor our lot and remove any vehicle without a parking pass. With our hotel being in the center of the historic district of Charleston, we must enforce towing to ensure there are parking spaces for our guests. Although we expect our guests to follow our policies; we do understand people make mistakes. Therefore, we offer a 1 time reimbursement of the tow fee. Yes, you have to cover the cost to get to the tow lot and the towing charge, but with the return of a receipt we adjust your room bill to cover the towing. We think this is a fair compromise since our goal is not to tow our guests.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Nice rooms, but rooms need to be updated. Hotel is very convenient to all the attractions around. That's why we picked this place..but .. it needs a facelift. Cable was very spotty loosing it's digital.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
155DaysInnGM, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry our guest rooms fell short of your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will do all we can to ensure future visits are positive.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

First of all... when I called the hotel to make a reservation, I told the woman who answered the phone that I was entitled to a free night through my Wyndham rewards and she rudely said " NOT AT THIS HOTEL YOU'RE NOT ". I finally called Wyndham rewards and was able to make a reservation and get the free night.

Secondly ...my reservations got screwed up. Luckily I called the hotel a few days before and they told me I was only booked for one night ( not the two that I had confirmation #'s for) They told me one of the reservations was cancelled. I put a complaint in with Wyndham and never heard back. The reservations were finally straightened out by the hotel. But my complaint to Wyndham rewards ( who cancelled my reservation) was never addressed.
I called several times to confirm my reservations and make sure that there was a pool at the hotel. When we got to the hotel, in 94 degree weather, we were told one of the guests broke the gate to the pool by swinging on it and they were doing their best to get it fixed as soon as possible. I asked if it would be fixed while I was still there and was given the impression that it might be.
Our room was old and needed updating. The faucet in the bathtub was loose.
When we put our towels and bathmat out for housekeeping the bathmat was never replaced. We were given less clean towels and had to use one for a bath mat.
We needed to get dressed and put on make up for a wedding.. one of the lamps was missing a light bulb. I asked at the front desk and they said they would leave a note for housekeeping. Housekeeping came to clean the room late in the day and said they don't have light bulbs they'd have to let the front desk know.
The day before we left, the maintenance man "Mike" brought us a lightbulb. I asked about the pool and he said. It's been closed for a while and it would be a long time before it opens again because they had to replace the entire fence and they were in the process of getting bids. My daughter and I went and looked at the pool: It was small, dirty only had a very narrow walk way around it and a few chairs, no lounge chairs. We took a picture ( which I don't have available to me at the moment). There was a huge Official sign on the broken gate that said closed by the health department. Could it be that the fence was only about 3 to 4 feet tall and against code, or that the water was bad? Had the hotel told me that the pool was unavailable I would have booked somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I want to apologize for the short-comings experienced while staying here. I reviewed your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping departments and allowing them to take corrective actions, so future stays will be great!

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

As a small child, I used to stay here with my family during our summer vacations to Charleston. No, it’s not the fanciest, or the most beautiful place... but the location can’t be beat.
This review is based on my most recent stay (June 1-3). I paid around $350 total for both nights. I brought my bf to Charleston for his first visit and booked reliable old Days Inn for our trip.
We were exhausted by the time we got to the hotel (at the airport by 2am and arrived around 10am the next day).
We walked around but ended up sitting in the office around 2 to wait for our check in at 4. The kind lady at the desk gave us out parking pass early and said she would be able to text me when our room was ready.
We never got our call, eventually we decided to go in anyway, as we desperately needed sleep.
There was a towel in the bathroom that was hung on the door from the moment we got there. I suppose we should have put it on the floor to be taken away by housekeeping, but we didn’t want to touch it. So it stayed there the entire duration.
The rest of the room was clean.
The sheets and bed smelled clean.
I didn’t come across any roaches.
The pool was closed, which was unfortunate as we had planned to swim during our stay.

Ultimately, I was a bit disappointed with my stay this time around.
However, for the location and relatively low price (in comparison with other area hotels), I will continue to always recommend this place to my friends and family who are travelling with a budget.
I’ll be sure to resubmit another review here on my next stay. I hope to be able to give a better review next time though!
Thanks for the hospitality.
Charleston is one of my very favourite places.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. All reviews are shared at our daily meeting – yours makes for a great way to start our day. We look forward to having you back with us the next time you are visiting Charleston.

Yours in Hospitality,