2,655 results
All reviewshistoric districttoast restaurantroom was cleanwithin walking distanceexcellent locationpark your carmeeting streetcan't beat the locationan older hotelcity marketwalked everywhereking streetmicrowavedowntownconveniencebatteryinns
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Just got back from a 3 night stay. Oct 10-13.

Pros: Clean, Affordable, Convenient, Friendly Staff.
Cons: Just a few minor gripes.

You can't ask for a better location if you're visiting Historic Charleston. Everything is RIGHT THERE. The price is half or less of the fancier hotels in the area and I'm not one to spend $$$ on a deluxe hotel since I just want a nice place to crash between sightseeing and whatnot.

I took my Mom down to CHS for her 82nd birthday and we had a great time and since she can't walk too far without her arthritic knees hurting this really is a great find. Even for her 80% of what we wanted to see was within walking distance and North and South Market Streets are literally a block away.

So, the minor gripes: As has been reviewed the towels in the room are a tad rough, but not so bad that anything but dead skin came off. The pillows were a little small on the beds but they stacked up ok for someone like me who likes his head elevated. I don't know how to put this delicately but for a man with shall we say "low hangers", when you sit on the toilet your misters will hit the water when you sit.

Overall though a great place to stay in Historic Charleston!

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank Chuxmax
155DaysInnGM, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Charleston. We certainly appreciate your positive feedback about our team and will be reading your review at our weekly meeting. We look forward to having you back with us the next time travel takes you to the Charleston area.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Older but renovated. Dont waste time at Toast. Venture out to Sweetwater Cafe or other fabulous restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. All reviews are shared at our weekly meeting – yours makes for a great way to start our day. We look forward to having you back with us the next time you are visiting Charleston.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

What a wonderful location. 1 block from the Market and able to walk to the water to catch the water taxi or other boat tours. Great access to all restaurants and any tour you want is close by. I find it humorous people complain about the age of the hotel. You get what you pay for. I researched all the hotels in the historic district and most started at the $200 to $500 a day range. If you can afford it, go for it. If not, this is the best. Yes, it may need a little paint here and there but it is sufficient for a general rate of around $100 a day with taxes etc. Restaurant right in front of the hotel, attached. Uber and bike taxis all around in 2 minutes. All the staff I encountered by the desk were very polite and helpful. The Boon Plantation tour can be made right at front desk and they pick you up right in front of hotel. If there was a problem with the cleaning staff (as they are all new) I nicely let the front staff know and they were very concerned and accommodating. All front staff should be commended. Good service. I will come back. It was adequate for me on my limited funds. The price I saved allowed me to use my money on tours, great food and enjoying the city. Thank you Days Inn. PS...the lady who works there for 13 years was wonderful. So was Starz and the other gentleman at the front desk had a great smile to great you!! Keep up the good front desk staff. They deserve recognition. Easy to complain. Important to acknowledge the positive. Will be back.

Room Tip: I like being on second floor. Probably quieter. Away from parking cars. Great AC
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Historic Charleston and for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate your positive comments, most especially about our team. It is always great to start our day with such nice feedback. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Charleston.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2017

The location of this hotel is great if you are in this city to walk around some of the historical area and you have a place to park here as well. They now charge for parking, which was not done in the past when we had stayed here a couple of years ago. We do not know if there was any form of breakfast offered and it was not mentioned at our checkin.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
155DaysInnGM, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017