2,655 results
All reviewshistoric districttoast restaurantroom was cleanwithin walking distanceexcellent locationpark your carmeeting streetcan't beat the locationan older hotelcity marketwalked everywhereking streetmicrowavedowntownconveniencebatteryinns
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. This only thing good about the hotel is the location. My first room was damp and smelled like a basement (without dehumidifier). There was mildew or something white on the dark comforter. I went to the front desk and they gave me another room. It wasn't as bad but was still the room and the carpet were dirty and outdated. We were charged three times of what the room was worth!!! Also, our maid service was horrible. I had to go to the front desk and ask for towels daily. They sent me to search for one of the maids to get towels. CORPORATE needs to come and check on this hotel!!! Unsatisfactory!

Room Tip: No views. Good location to walk to downtown businesses and restaurants in Charleston, SC.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank cedarspringbapt
155DaysInnGM, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I want to apologize for the short-comings experienced while staying here. I have reviewed your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping departments and assure you we have taken steps to ensure a better stay on your next visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

My room smelled musty, but I got used to it. I thought it might be because of the hurricane, so I didn't report it.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
155DaysInnGM, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry our guest rooms fell short of expectations. We appreciate your comments and will do all we can to ensure future visits are positive.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Definitely not a horrible place to stay. We only stayed for one night and that was enough for me. Staff was just bland, not rude but not welcoming either. Lights need to be fixed so you weren't walking down dark corridors at night. Pool was a bit dirty but not horrible, my little one enjoyed time in it. It's clean and a place to stay but if my husband hadn't been with us, I would have picked a more well lit place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I apologize we were not able to meet your expectations. Your feedback will assist us to help ensure future visits will be positive.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Days Inn Historic District Charleston is a great affordable place to stay. Not fancy but clean and everyone there is polite and helpful. So convenient to all the sites. You don't even have to move your car. Everything is in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Charleston & taking the time to write your review. All reviews are shared with our team and we certainly appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to having you back with us the next time travel takes you to the Charleston area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed September 26, 2017

The location in the heart of historic district can't be beat and the staff was so friendly and helpful.
the beds were very comfortable and the room super clean.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. All reviews are shared at our weekly meeting – yours makes for a great way to start our day. We look forward to having you back with us the next time you are visiting Charleston.

Yours in Hospitality,