“Great Location”

Days Inn Charleston Historic District
Ranked #47 of 62 Hotels in Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Stow, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The location of the Inn can't be beat for sure. It is right downtown and has parking right there too. The staff was very nice at checkin/out.
However, our remote never worked right for the TV and the toilet was broken so it didn't flush well.
And - they don't have a breakfast included which I had thought was a Day's Inn thing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Vicky R, General Manager at Days Inn Charleston Historic District, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
While we are located in the heart of the historic district we are one of the few hotels that offer free parking for our guest. I wish we would have had the opportunity to take care of your remote during your stay. This Days Inn is fortunate enough to have an outstanding restaurant adjacent to the lobby that serves the best breakfast in town. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Metro Detroit Area
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We spent the night before leaving for a cruise. The room was basic and smelled a little musty, but the location and staff were terrific. Toast restaurant is adjacent to the hotel and was perfect for a late dinner and glass of wine for weary travelers. The city market is about a block away. We were able to store our bags before boarding the ship, giving us the chance to explore the waterfront park and do some shopping. We met Manny, a taxi driver with Signal Taxi who dropped us off for our cruise and then came back to pick us up at the end of the cruise. We stored our luggage at the Days Inn after the cruise for another day of exploring. The Days Inn staff took great care of us and we were thankful to have a place to store our belongings and change into our winter clothes before heading out. Our reliable taxi driver Manny picked us up and took us to the airport. I would recommend the Days Inn for the location and staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I hope you had a wonderful time during your visit to this beautiful city. We are always pleased to heat that our guest enjoyed their stay.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Thankfully I read through other reviews before booking this hotel. I am not a fan of pet friendly hotels, however, I was willing to make an exception b/c of the location of this hotel. Before making a reservation I called the hotel to ask if the pet friendly rooms are on separate floors than the non pet rooms. I was told they were not. This is very unfortunate b/c I had an awful experience in a hotel before where I had a dog barking all night long in the room next to me. There was no accomodating me when I called here buy saying they would make sure I was not next to a pet friendly room. Unfortunate b/c I will take my business elsewhere. This hotel should seriously consider making pet and smoking friendly rooms all on one floor.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Vicky R, General Manager at Days Inn Charleston Historic District, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I am assuming that you did not stay at the Days Inn Historic Charleston. Had you have stayed you would have been accommodated. It is unfortunate that one bad experience has changed your outlook at all pet friendly hotels. We pride ourselves in making sure are guest are happy upon arrival. However you did not give us an opportunity.

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels