Days Inn Charleston Historic District
$309
$179
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
2,591 results
All reviewshistoric districtroom was cleanwithin walking distanceexcellent locationpark your carmeeting streetcan't beat the locationan older hotelcity marketcoffee makerwalked everywhereking streetmicrowavedowntownconveniencebattery
Reviewed November 24, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Vicky R, General Manager at Days Inn Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you are looking for the cleanest, nicest hotel with the best amenities please book at the other Wyndham property in Charleston, the Mills House. I hate it when I see low ratings for motels like this when all that was wrong was that it wasn't "nice enough."

The staff here was very nice and responsive.The room and bedding was clean. The AC/Heat, lights, and water all worked. But, most importantly, the location is AMAZING! They were even resurfacing the parking lot while we were there and that didn't bother us one bit.

The staff here was very nice and responsive.The room and bedding was clean. The AC/Heat, lights, and water all worked. But, most importantly, the location is AMAZING! For the price Days Inn asks and the location of the property, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Anything that I marked a "3" was only because they don't have "Not Applicable" as a choice and it's something we didn't make use of.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Not a great fan of Days Inns normally, they are fine for a night but I wouldn't usually stay longer. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the Charleston version. More expensive but a terrific location and some attempt to soften the look of the place with plants and flowers. Found the staff very polite and helpful, room could have done with a bit of updating and, while not spotless, was cleaner than I had expected after reading other people's experiences. Didn't come across any bugs thankfully!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan F
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed in this place do to location and although we paid 170.00 a night, it WAS lower than some of the area hotels, now we know why. Its a dated, low quality, substandard accomodation with an assortment of issues. After the 1st night, out room was barely cleaned, one bed was partially made and the others covers were rolled up in a ball on a chair in the corner. We forgot to put the dnd note on the door and housekeeping came by once and we said we'd need some time, they proceeded to come again and again and again........ the second night we put the sign on and they came again and again and again, when I yelled that we were sleeping for a bit longer, she tried to come in anyway, then there were several more attempts. The fire alarm blared in the middle of the night, the rooms were very small and close to the window a/c, the cleaning people were arguing outside, I could go on and on. I asked to speak w the manager but was told they were on vacation, I'm guessing not at a days inn!

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jeff_brown999
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I left a non-refundable 5-night stay after 3 nights when I found a live cockroach in the bathroom, after having previously found a dead one there when I checked in. I was forgiving of the first, thinking, well, one of anything can sneak in. But the second one, skittering across the bathroom floor when I turned on the light in the middle of the night, was too much - I couldn't go back to sleep that night, nor stand to stay there any more. Housekeeping was atrocious. That first dead cockroach? Housekeeping didn't pick it up (pretty obvious on the light-colored bath tile) but instead swept it onto the bedroom carpet near the bathroom door instead - I picked it up myself. Also found a balled pair of men's socks under the desk when I checked in, obviously from the previous guest. For housekeeping to miss it meant housekeeping wasn't cleaning under the desk, nor looking very hard. I also deliberately left a few small shreds of white paper on the dark-colored carpet (dropped by accident, but decided not to pick up as a test for housekeeping) and they were still there when I came back that evening - clearly no vacuuming done at all as they were pretty close to the center of the room. Also the bathroom sink leaked even when completely off, making a puddle on one side of the counter that dripped slowly to the floor, the shower took a very long time to provide any hot water, and the telephone was unusably static-y. No proper closet - fridge takes up almost all its space.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business