I have traveled all over the world and never experienced the extreme mildew smell like at Day's Inn in downtown Charleston.
Every room on the 1st floor, and I mean every room, stank of mildew. It was extreme. It took 3 hours and many sniff tests before settling, yes settling, for a room on the 2nd fl. It seems the 2nd floor does not have the mildew issue because all the water flows to the 1st floor.
I cannot believe no one has become ill from the stench esp. If one has respiratory issues. I'd be careful of litigious individuals if I was the manager of this Day's Inn.
However, there were two good things:
1. The motel was well located.
2. A parking space came with the room so did not have to pay an extra $20/day to park.
Don't say I did not warn you. If you must stay in this motel be sure to ask for a room on the 2nd floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic district, this hotel exudes all the warmth and charm of historic Charleston. Like the city this hotel has retained all the character and history of its past. This hotel provides an excellent starting point for your shopping, touring, and dining venues. Southern hospitality and special comforts are what makes this Days Inn Historic Charleston the place to stay when visiting Charleston. Pet Friendly rooms are available with a nightly pet fee of $20. Parking is available with a nightly charge of $14 per car per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Charleston Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston - Days Inn Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Days Inn Charleston