The best thing about this hotel is the location, but for $100/night, the hotel should be better. Do not stay in room 102 because:
1) tile grout in shower was black (a little bleach would do wonders) & the tub needed a scrubbing, something that hasn't been done in many years -- if ever.
2) Water temperature in the showeer fluctuated wildly & the tub faucet dripped incessantly
3) Overall, the room was not very clean
4) The maid was surly: I stopped by the room to pick up something & asked her to wait just a couple of minutes before she cleaned the room, & she stomped off. I know she has a job to do & wants to finish, but sheesh, I really did mean 2 minutes.
5) I needed Wi-fi for work, & this place says they have it in the rooms, but apparently only those rooms on one side of the hotel. When I had problems getting the wi-fi, the front desk said "Oh, it doesn't really work on that side of the hotel." At least they had a so-called business center in the lobby. It was actually more of a closet with a computer, but it sufficed in a pinch.
6) The electronic key was not programmed for the # of days we were there, & on the 2nd day it stopped working, so I went to the front desk to have it re-set. That part was fine, but what scared me is that I wasn't asked for ID, just my room number. I could have been a thief or murderer, but nobody at the desk seemed to care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic district, this hotel exudes all the warmth and charm of historic Charleston. Like the city this hotel has retained all the character and history of its past. This hotel provides an excellent starting point for your shopping, touring, and dining venues. Southern hospitality and special comforts are what makes this Days Inn Historic Charleston the place to stay when visiting Charleston. Pet Friendly rooms are available with a nightly pet fee of $20. Parking is available with a nightly charge of $14 per car per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Charleston Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston - Days Inn Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Days Inn Charleston