“Welcome to Charleston”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston
Ranked #35 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Charleston, SC for a wedding weekend. Many of the guest chose to stay there due to the convenient location. However, our stay was more than that. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful. The facility provided breakfast each morning, a workout room, cookies and lemonade in the afternoon, and directions whenever they were needed. It was a pleasure to stay at the Holiday Inn Express of Charleston, and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ash not to be near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic review about your stay with us! We are happy that you had a wonderful time while you were staying with us. I am happy that our staff was able to help you with directions and that they were friendly and courteous. They strive to make each guest stay with us a memorable and enjoyable. It looks like they did just that with your stay. We look forward to your return trip to Charleston.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Charleston

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to visit my daughter. Her sister slept with heand her BIG dog. So I had a hotel to myself. I had a lovely breakfast each morning, and cookies in the afternoon.

Hotel was quiet, clean, near lots of fast food, a mall and a movie theater. And near my daughter's apartment and the airport.

No kid's entertainment, but there is a pool and an exercise room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We are so pleased and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so glad that our hotel is close by your daughter and that you had the opportunity to relax and see her as well. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return trip to Charleston.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We picked this HI Express after reading others' reviews on Tripadvisor. We were totally satisfied with the location and overall experience. The hotel is convenient to downtown Charleston, and the River Road plantations are quite easy to access from here. Comfortable, quiet room. Would definitely stay here again. A good price compared to the rather expensive downtown options.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from traffic. We were on the 3rd floor, at the end of the hall, and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are pleased that you had a great stay with us. We are in great location close to plantations, downtown, shopping and restaurants. We are happy that you had the opportunity to see the city. We look forward to your return trip to Charleston. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My mother and I had to go to Charleston for her surgery and we needed a hotel that was close to the hospital so that we wouldn't be late and we had already stayed a the Holiday Inn Express on Montague and we were pleased so we said why not here. Upon arrival we were greeted with a smile and it was a welcomed comfort because my mother was in pain.

The front desk staff, especially Ms. Sherry, was very helpful. She asked about my mother every day that she saw me and that was very comforting. It was almost like I knew her from a long time ago and we were just catching up after not seeing each other in a while. I really enjoyed this hotel and hopefully next time when I visit it will be for pleasure and not for a family emergency. Great hotel, great people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for recognizing our staff, especially Sherry. All our employees take great pride in providing our guest an "experience", not just a room. We hope you have another opportunity to visit us and make it a FUN trip.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Super location- proximity to plantations and free trolley to historic downtown, super service, super hospitality, super value. Includes free breakfast and wifi. Overall a super experience in a great city with many attractions and fabulous restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Briarhillave
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting Charleston. We are in a great location close to plantations, downtown, shopping and restaurants. We hope you have another opportunity to visit Charleston and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was perfect in every way. A wonderful and friendly staff and accommodations were superb. Room layout, comfort of bed, great TV and easy check in and out were some of the perks of this hotel. Southern hospitality to the max! Reasonable price for what you get.

Room Tip: Easy and quick access to downtown and historic areas in Charleston. 10 minutes away. Second floor...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

We are so pleased and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate the wonderful review. I am happy that our staff was able to give you the "Southern Hospitality" that you deserve while you were visiting Charleston. We hope you have another opportunity to stay in Charleston and with us.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

As a business traveler, I seldom make hotel reservations because all to often plans change and I like my schedule to stay flexible. Of course, at times, the holiday inns I stop at will be booked up and I end up in the parking lot calling around in a random city trying to find availability. After arriving late in the evening from a 6.5 hour drive, I stopped into this hotel and they had no availability. Octavia went out of her way - calling on multiple locations, obtaining pricing, etc... to find me a room in the area and one that fit into my expense allotment. You don't get this type of customer service anymore and I was truly impressed with her and all she did to help me. Although I didn't stay with them that evening, she gained my business during future travels to the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DailyTraveler2013

WOW!!! Thank you for the fantastic review! Thank you for recognizing Octavia, we are extremely pleased that she was able to help you with other arrangements. We look forward to your return trip to Charleston and to stay with us.