“Holiday Inn Express Charleston (US 17 & I-526)”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston
Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The accommodations and the breakfast bar were excelent. The staff was very courteous and friendly. I believe they truly wanted to make me feel welcome and at home. The location was near shops and various dining establishments yet very convenient to get into the heart of downtown Charleston, SC within minutes. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express! Kudos to the management and staff of this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler301_13
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you sharing with us your wonderful experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We pride ourselves on having a genuine staff. I am happy that you were able to experience that while staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Charleston

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel previously during renovations on our house, and we have also had family members stay here while they were in Charleston. We have never been disappointed. These people really know how to make you feel welcome! I have to travel quite a bit for my job, and I have never encountered a front desk staff as friendly, and as genuinely caring, as these ladies are. The location is only 10 minutes from downtown, and there are many restaurants near the hotel. They offer a complimentary breakfast in the morning which is quite good. We love their pancake machine! We have always found the rooms to be very clean, and have never had an issue in that regard. We did have a slight problem with the remote control to the TV, but after a call to the front desk, they had it fixed in five minutes flat (needed new batteries). It's that kind of attention to customer service that really sets this place apart. We would never stay anywhere else in Charleston!

Room Tip: We prefer a room on the 3rd floor, seems to be quieter, but have never experienced a problem with an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murray2417

Thank you for staying with us while you were in the process of renovations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. I will share the comments with the staff and they will love hearing the feedback as well. We are hoping that the renovations at your home is everything that you expected. Thank you again for staying with us and making us your second home.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booked two rooms for our stay December 2012 so we would be ready for our cruise ship departure. The room looked good but when my son sat down on his bed it squeaked and rolled like it was falling about. Since we arrived around 10pm and were only staying one night I decided to just inform the front desk and deal with it. I was not able to sleep from so I walked into the bathroom and found 2 bugs. They looked like roaches to me but the front desk person said it was water bugs and acted as if it were nothing. Actually told me about these bugs in his own home as if they are part of the fixture. From my experience in the past a water bug is what they are called in your place and roaches when they are found in someone else's home (hotel). After reading the reviews I decided to stay here because of so many higher ratings but would not recommend it. The people working throughout the hotel were friendly and they did have breakfast. However I usually stay at Holiday Inn Express because they are so highly rated but this one fell below all the others I have stayed at before.

Room Tip: Not 105- bed sucked and bugs in bathroom
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Donna S
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for contacting us regarding your stay with us in December. I would like to apologize for both of the incidents that occured during your stay. Our goal is to provide superior service, accommodations, and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us target problem area, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the feedback we received and welcome any opportunity to improve.
I hope you had a wonderful time on your vacation.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We paid 80$ per 1 night (3 people) and this place was better than 4 out of 5 hotels we slept in the previous 10 days, where we paid an average of 250$ per night.
Great room, very clean, very friendly staff, free wifi, ok breakfast.
We perfectly rested that night.
Best value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ManuTheDreamer
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us while you were visiting Charleston. Thank you for the positive feedback that you have shared with us. We hope that you are able able to visit us again in 2013.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We wanted a quick getaway for the weekend and decided that Chareston SC was the place this time. I had stayed at Holiday Inn express several times over the years and so we picked this location. We were greeted warmly by the front desk and immediately given our Priority Club packets (often overlooked at other Holiday Inns until I ask). The room was ample in size with all the conveniences (microwave, etc.) and was clean and quiet. The breakfast was hot and delicious and the staff super friendly. The drive to the center of Charleston was quick and easy. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cobra888
KellyFassett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with us on your "quick getaway" to Charleston. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We wish you the very best in new year. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Took a group to this hotel and had not one complaint from anyone about anything. It was very clean, the personnel was the best..friendly and most helpful. The beds were comfortable and made up perfectly and was attractive. The breakfast was delicious. This will certainly be my hotel of choice each time I stay in charleston. Try it and you will agree it's the best.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jean P

We can't thank you enough for bringing your group to Charleston and staying with us. We had had a wonderful time with you all. We are looking forward to your return trip to Charleston. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

On November 21st, after being on the road for many hours, we were greeted by a fantastic employee "Octavia" who made us feel most welcome. She went out of her way to assist us and answer our questions, and all that with a smile. Octavia is certainly an asset to your organization and if we do go back to Charleston, this hotel will be the one we select.

Pierre and Micheline Ducharme PC 500134285

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ChasHIE-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for choosing us as your "place to stay" in Charleston. Octavia does such a wonderful job at welcoming our guests and thank you for recognizing her.