My husband and I stayed here on our visit to Charleston for our 3rd anniversary. We normally stay at bed and breakfasts, but we wanted to save a little money and had stayed at Holiday Inn Express in the past and were happy with them, so we booked a room here. The staff make you completely welcome here. We were greeted by Leila when we registered that evening and she wished us a happy anniversary and ensured we got a king bed. She also checked in with us by calling our room the next day to make sure everything was okay with the room. The room was clean and updated. We also decided to do something we normally do not do and eat breakfast at the hotel (again to save some money). The breakfast was good for a hotel and we enjoyed the pancake maker which was a nice change from the usual waffle maker. I didn't catch her name, but the lady that was working the breakfast each morning we were there was pleasant and kept everything stocked until closed which I was impressed with since the few times I've ever eaten breakfast at a hotel if you come last minute you lose out if they run out of things. The lady doing the breakfast also mentioned how sorry she was to see us go and she was just a nice lady all around. You are also close enough to Charleston without being downtown which was a plus for me. (parking=free!) The bed was a little too hard for me, but I got over it after the first night. Just something I had to get used too as I have a soft bed. Anyway, I would totally reccomend this Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Charleston is the perfect choice for value and convenience, located five miles from Historic Downtown Charleston and Charleston International Airport. At check-in, enjoy freshly baked cookies and icy lemonade. In addition, our friendly staff will assist in your plans to explore Charleston shopping, Charleston golf, Charleston area beaches, great local Charleston restaurants and many other Charleston attractions. For your convenience, tours are available with convenient pick up from our lobby. Our friendly staff will assist you with Charleston tour packages, directions and discount coupons. Charleston Annual Special Events & Festivals (within 5 miles of hotel) Southeastern Wildlife Expo (February) Charleston Food & Wine Festival (February) Festival of House & Gardens (March) Flower Town Festival (April) Cooper River Bridge Run (April) Charleston Cajun Festival (April) Family Circle Cup (Tennis April) Spoleto & Piccolo Spoleto Festival (May-June) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston (Us 17 And i-526)
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston (Us 17 & i-526) Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn