“This was an ok hotel at an affordable price.”

Holiday Inn Express Charleston
Ranked #33 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Nothing outstanding about this hotel except the location was excellent! I enjoyed the pool, but disappointed there was no hot tub. The breakfast was ok, but constantly crowded. We went at different times and the banannas (the only fresh fruit) were usually gone. The fitness center was working properly. The rooms were ok, but not particularly comfortable. All in all, we would stay here again because of the convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
ChasHIE-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Thank you for your review. We are the perfect choice for value and convenience. With a central location, you can access Historic Charleston, Folly Beach, and the plantations all within a short drive. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We just spent a few days in Charleston, SC and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express at Hwy 17 and I-526. I'm not often moved to write a review but felt in this case, it was deserved. The hotel was very nice; our room was immaculate; and staff was great. We often stay at Holiday Inn Express motels, and thoroughly enjoyed staying at this one in particular. As it turned out, we needed to use your business center and fax, and Sherry Clark was a great help. She was very helpful, carried out her duties with professionalism, courtesy and cheerfulness. She is a real asset to Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to review our property. I am honored to have such great employees like Sherry. It takes wonderful people like yourself writing this great review to show that what we do each day really does make a difference.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a nice hotel for under one hundred dollars a night in Charleston and as I began to do the research, I realized that there were not many hotels available that fit such criteria. Luckily, I discovered we could stay in a King Room at this particular hotel for ninety dollars a night with a AAA discount. I think we made a wise decision. As for the positives, our room was clean and spacious with modern decor. It was very quiet, and the free Wi Fi was a definite plus! The free continental breakfast was nothing to write home about, but if you're like me and find that a bagel or banana can hold you over for some time, it works just fine. Employees were extremely friendly and helpful. The downside to this particular hotel is location--my husband and I had to drive some distance to do the things we wanted to do. Also, maneuvering in and out of traffic on the Savannah Highway was a bit complicated. If you're looking for a bargain and do not care to do a little bit of driving, this is an excellent choice!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your great experience. You've mentioned some of our great amenities like free Wireless Internet, recently renovated rooms, and free hot breakfast. We have just recently added pancakes to our breakfast bar to accompany the eggs, bacon, and warm cinnamon rolls. All this at a price you can afford!

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Hotel was exceptionally clean and very quiet, even with having a room right by the lobby. Room was spotless, bed was comfortable and bathroom was immaculate and well stocked.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstraveler009
ChasHIE-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for noticing. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others. Our goal is to provide the best value in Charleston which starts with a clean room and great service.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean, there was a mini fridge in the room, the pool was clean and the hours were perfect. The free breakfast was fantastic and had many choices. And the staff at the hotel were very friendly. You cant go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I'm very happy we were able to exceed your expectations. You will have to return soon. We just got new pool furniture to make the pool area an even better place to be on a hot, sunny day!

Reviewed May 30, 2011

I read the reviews on TA and decided on this particular Holiday Inn Express on Savannah Highway in Charleston. I'm very glad this one was the one we chose. We were there from Thursday May 12th to Monday May 16th, 2011. This hotel's only 6 miles from downtown Charleston and 5 miles from the airport, I didn't even need the GPS it was so easy to get from here to there. It was located right along Savannah Highway directly beside the "Ruby Tuesdays" so we were able to cut thru the parking lot of our hotel to get there, it was so convenient having it right beside the hotel. We had lunch once there and dinner another night. It was outstanding due to their variety on their menu and great cuisine. As far as this particular Holiday Inn Express is concerned? It was very very nice, I truly enjoyed staying there a lot. In fact, I wouldn't stay any where else when I go back to Charleston and I WILL be back, no doubt about it, it was awesome there. The staff at this particular hotel were absolutely wonderful! Each and every one of them. Dorothy at first gave us a room on the 3rd floor upon check in but we couldn't get in to the room with our card, so back down to the lobby we went and we were given another room, this time on the 1st floor, and actually it worked out even better. Thanks to Dorothy for the nice card and candy that she left for us in the room too! That certainly was a very nice touch, kudo's to you! Dorothy was and is an outstanding customer service person and assisted us several times when we had questions as well as the others, but Dorothy stands out because she was there when we checked in and remembers what happened to us that particular night and we don't think she'll ever forget it, but WE will forget it (lol). I don't have to say it here because it was quickly corrected I might add, lol! The breakfast each morning that this hotel had for their guests was delicious, it was amazing seeing all that they offered, all I can say is WOW! Cereal, eggs, coffee rolls, bagels, waffles, pancakes, you name it, it was there, juices and coffee. I miss their coffee rolls to this day, they were great! We really had a beautiful stay at this hotel. OH and the room was immaculate! We didn't have one solitary complaint, not one single solitary hair was found in the bathroom, not one, during the whole time we were there! The bed was as comfortable as could be & the sheets were as clean as anything, I don't know how much whiter they can get them, they were impeccable. It was certainly a very cozy, comfortable room, lobby and hotel and also before I forget, the decor was done up to perfection. Whoever picked the colors did a wonderful job with it! We enjoyed coming back to the room after being out late and being able to use the side door near the parking lot where we were right on the 1st floor. It was, all around, an outstanding stay. If any one wants to complain about it here, go right ahead, but this guest is going back there regardless what any one else says. Because we loved it there. It's awesome here in my book and well worth the $99 a night that we paid. It was so nice having a TV in the room and having the internet in the lobby, then the free parking right outside the door and their mini refrigerator in the room truly worked out wonderful for us. Thank you again for an outstanding stay at this hidden gem! May be we'll see you in the not too distant future again, but like I said to one of the staff before I checked out, it's a little too hot in SC for me to live there year round! I'll stick with visiting you guys, thank you very much!

Room Tip: Call directly to the Hotel to book it.
Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank NoMo01
ChasHIE-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Wow! What nice things you have to say. You really shared all that we feel is so wonderful about our hotel. It feels great to hear what a help Dorothy was to you. We go out of our way to find a group of employees that really care. I will make sure to read your review at our next employee meeting! Thanks again for sharing your experience. Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Perfect Memorial Day stay. Everyone was so nice especially Dottie and Octavia at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2011
ChasHIE-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

The ladies were very excited to see their "name in lights." Thank you for recognizing our wonderful service and sharing your experience with everyone!