The location is the main thing this hotel has going for it. The staff was friendly. The elevators are terribly slow for a five floor hotel. The suite was a nice size for the age of the property in a historic district. The room was clean and ready when we checked in at 12:45 pm. Our suite had an adjoining door to another suite and wow was that a thin door. We heard a lot of noise whether it was the guest in the room or housekeeping. I don't think these were necessarily loud people, the door just did nothing to block the noise. Also, the on-site restaurant does not serve lunch. That would ordinarily have been fine but I had a business meeting that broke for lunch and it was raining. I would use this property again, but would feel better knowing a few of these things up front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located overlooking the Charleston City Market in the heart of Charleston's Historic District, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites offers the perfect combination of incredible location, guest room size, Southern hospitality, and amenities. DoubleTree Charleston Historic District is surrounded by award-winning restaurants, including Hank's Seafood and Brasserie Gigi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Charleston
- Doubletree Historic District