I wish that we had been notified before-hand of extensive renovation on our floor. I think our room, and our Mother's room were the only two rooms not being painted or carpet changed. Our room smelled strongly of paint, and I think ours had just been finished a day or so prior to our arrival. It was impossible to wheel our luggage for us (2 adults, and 3 young kids) because of the furniture piled in the hallway, carts full of paint (which I was sure my kids would knock over), etc. Looking back, I wish that I had complained a little stronger at the front desk, as the price we paid was so very much higher than the quality of our stay. Also, you can unload your bags and family, then park your car at a 24h parking garage just down the block. It's a little inconvenient, but would have saved us a little had we known. Call the hotel to see if they are renovating any of their rooms, and if so, be sure to stay on an already updated floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located overlooking the Charleston City Market in the heart of Charleston's Historic District, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites offers the perfect combination of incredible location, guest room size, Southern hospitality, and amenities. DoubleTree Charleston Historic District is surrounded by award-winning restaurants, including Hank's Seafood and Brasserie Gigi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Charleston
- Doubletree Historic District