To start off, this hotel is in the perfect location. It is right next to the market and tons of restaurants, close to nightlife, and easy to get to and leave if you are driving to other nearby locations during your stay. The staff was very friendly (can't forget about the famous Doubletree cookies at check in) and helpful with suggestions around town. The rooms we got were bi-level suites with a living room and kitchenette on the first floor, and bedroom and bathroom upstairs. The rooms were a little outdated but absolutely fine for our needs. One negative is the bathroom is pretty small. The other negative, which is not totally the hotels issue, but since they work along with them is the taxi service. They have an onsite taxi operator from the company who is supposed to set up the rides for you, but he is very very unorganized and sketchy with answers, and try to charge your more than double what it should be. We just walked over to the market and got a cab from there. Overall, the staff was awesome and fulfilled any requests we had, and the locations is the best you can get in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located overlooking the Charleston City Market in the heart of Charleston's Historic District, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites offers the perfect combination of incredible location, guest room size, Southern hospitality, and amenities. DoubleTree Charleston Historic District is surrounded by award-winning restaurants, including Hank's Seafood and Brasserie Gigi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Charleston
- Doubletree Historic District