“Good hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Good clean rooms which could do with a little updating, but hey, it's a good hotel from which to explore Charleston - the free bus is 5 mins walk away which'll take you downtown to the historic district - don't bother with taxis we used this excellent service throughout our two day stay
The hotel staff are very helpful and even though we arrived very late with flight delays were on the case
Plenty of parking with easy access to downtown Charleston and Highways out of town
All in all, a good hotel!
And we're looking forward to our final day there tomorrow before returning to UK.

Stayed September 2013
GenMgrJHMHotels, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. It sounds like the hotel was able to meet you expectations, and that is always good to hear. The complimentary Charleston Dash Trolley is a great way to get uptown, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of that free service.

Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope we will be able to host you again soon.

Bill Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

So disappointed in this hotel. We always stay at Courtyard because they are so clean and worth the money. The linens here were gray and dingy and both rooms we tried smelled funky.needless to say we left quickly. And still haven't received a full refund. Shame on you Marriott! I'm not sure we will ever stay with you again after this.

• Stayed September 2013
GenMgrJHMHotels, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry that your recent visit did not meet your expectations. Certainly clean, crisp linen is an expectation of every guest, and one that the hotel should always meet. In your case, we obviously fell short of that standard, and your comments will be addressed with our housekeeping and laundry staff. I hope the hotel will have the chance to serve you again in the future. I am sure that your experience will be a more pleasant one.

Huddersfield
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We started our holiday at the courtyard waterfront. The hotel is about 10 mins drive from the historic downtown although the hotel has a shuttle bus at a cost of $6 per person for as many trips all day.
The hotel staff are very friendly and as our bags had been delayed by the airline they were very helpful.
There is a new hotel being built next door and having stayed in a room at the end of the building it was very noisy with the building work, although not the Courtyard's fault.
Parking is free and plenty of space.
We would possibly stay again although the Courtyard Historic district is possibly a better location for exploring down town without transport.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GenMgrJHMHotels, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding the Marriott Courtyard Waterfront. I am glad that you found our staff members friendly and helpful. Regarding, the hotel's location, it is certainly not in the "center" of Charleston. However, the beautiful waterfront location, is unique to the city, and offers an "amenity" that cannot be matched by hotels that are downtown.

Thanks again for the comments, and I hope you can visit us again soon.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is an excellent property. Everything is up to Marriott standards and the bar/café opens onto a large beautiful open area overlooking the pool and the downtown marina. Great spot to sit outside and enjoy a conversation with friends!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GenMgrJHMHotels, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you had the chance to take of advantage of the hotel's unique and beautiful setting.

Hopefully we will have the chance to serve you again soon.

East Aurora, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a bad stay at the Holiday Inn Riverview across the water from the courtyard for the first half of our stay in Charleston so coming to the Courtyard was a breath of fresh air! Literally the lobby smelled great! The hotel overall was very clean. The rooms were much bigger then normal hotel rooms. Decorated accordingly. The staff was friendly and helpful. One night I came back to the hotel in the evening and really wanted coffee I was meandering around the coffee pots in the lobby and noticed they were off. A gentleman in the staff I believe may have been a manager went and made a pot of coffee just for me. The outdoor area was absolutely beautiful with a fountain and rocking chair and pretty flora, all overlooking the pool/hot tub and the harbor. Also had a plethora of seating to accommodate large parties to relax and enjoy each others company. Unlike the Holiday Inn which didn't have any. All the charm this hotel had to offer was exactly what I was looking for in Charleston. Definitely reflected some southern hospitality! I am a travel agent and will definitely be recommend this to my clients!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay in the Courtyard Charleston Waterfront. It is always great to hear that the hotel's staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel's beautiful location is unique to Charleston, and I am glad you took advantage of the fantastic view.

Thanks again, and I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This Courtyard is nice and the staff was very funny during check-in and checking-out. The room was clean and comfortable during may stay, if you rent a car there is plenty of parking or at least there was for me staying over a weekend. The View of Ashley River is nice but be aware that there is construction of a fairly large build(maybe hotel) next door if you're there on a weekday. Also not in walking distance to any food places that I could find. I was only in town for two day visiting family at the VA Hospital, which is very close to the hotel. (So more business than pleasure)

Bottom Line I would stay at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront again.

Room Tip: Rent a Car and bring a good GPS, Charleston has a lot of one-way streets.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GenMgrJHMHotels, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found our associates friendly and that the hotel met your expectations. I hope you will have the chance to visit us again on a non-business trip, when you will have a greater chance to visit the area's many attractions.

Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel while my mother was at MUSC. The hospital arranges special rates for patients and families. This time my two-day stay was prolonged to a week, as she suffered complications after her surgery. Day after day I checked out only to find I needed to stay again. They allowed me to keep my room and were very sympathetic.

I was not vacationing, but I observed many people having a great time on the patio and around the pool. I found the waterfront view soothing. I photographed it in morning and evening. This is a great location if you have a car. It is only a few minutes drive to the historic downtown and a little bit longer to Ashley River Road if you want to do the "plantations".

The restaurant serves a nice breakfast, but I wish they served lunch and dinner. Exhausted at night I wound up eating in my room. There is a small refrigerator and microwave. There is a Publix 2 miles away on Folly Road (south, away from downtown).

Again I wish to express my thanks to the Waterfront Courtyard by Marriott for participating in the MUSC program. Their courtesy and material support for those who are in distress is truly laudable.

Room Tip: You have a choice of city view and waterfront view. I love the waterfront, but apparently the city v...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GenMgrJHMHotels, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. It is good to hear that our staff was able to work with you during this difficult period. The hotel has many guests that are in Charleston to visit MUSC, and our staff recognizes the need to be flexible when these guests have always-changing schedules due to medical needs.

Best wishes to your mother during her recovery, and I hope both of you have a chance to visit our hotel again for a true vacation.