Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
$532
$319
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $397/night.

$219
$249
  • Restaurant
$309
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$178
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$289
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
All reviewseddie mcbrideashley riverhistoric districtlockwood drivefire pithotel shuttlerocking chairswater viewshuttle servicepool areanice poolclose to downtowncorner roomfront desk stafffree parkingvery nice hotelshort drive
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I will never bother staying in downtown Charleston again.I have spent hundreds of dollars per night for hotel rooms in this city and never received the quality of service I received from the staff in this hotel. It is nice to deal with staff that remember your name and go the extra mile to make your stay a pleasant experience. I am especially appreciative to Sterling, he is a pro in every sense of the word.
My room was very nice and well appointed. The full porch balcony provided great views of the river. Great hotel for the price.
If there is a negative it would be the breakfast. the food is good but at $10.95 per person is over-priced and the dining room is to small to accommodate the quest without long waits.

Room Tip: Any room with a porch balcony, mine was Room 122.
1  Thank David L
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to wow you at every turn with our service. Sterling is definitely one of the best and sets the bar high when it comes to service excellence - we're happy to have him as a member of our Courtyard family!

Happy New Year from all of us at the Courtyard by Marriott: Charleston Waterfront! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days here over the Christmas holiday. The staff was great. The rooms were very clean with the exception of Christmas day. When we returned after lunch, our bed had been made and towels removed. However, there were still crumbs on the floor and tables and the bathroom had not been swept and mopped. I am forgiving though.....it was Christmas day and I'm sure the housekeeping staff was anxious to be home with their families. Overall, we had a great experience here. A lovely room with a balcony and harbor view. I'd definitely stay again. Plus, it was priced right and had free parking!

2  Thank denisek32
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! We're glad you found your room comfortable and well-equipped, along with the lovely view. We apologize about the housekeeping issues you experienced on Christmas Day and we thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Charleston.

Happy Holidays from all of us at the Courtyard Charleston Waterfront

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went here for a brief vacation and found the hotel very nice but a staff that was amazing. I can't say enough. They have sheltered parking and service to the Historic District for a small price. I definitely will return again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled you had such an outstanding visit to our property! We strive to wow each and every guest that stays with us, no matter the duration of their visit. Thank you again for the great feedback and we hope you have a Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were on our Anniversary/Christmas trip. The room had a comfortable king size bed. The room was inviting and VERY clean, even in the hidden corners (smile). The view of the marina and Ashley River through the window (patio slide door) and from our balcony was very relaxing, especially when watching sunrises or sunsets. All of the staff were well-trained, appropriately friendly and helpful (concierge-style). When Eddie (front desk) noticed that I was looking stressed (I got caught off-guard by many of the downtown restaurants closing earlier than we expected on Christmas Eve) he suggested other possibilities and comped my snacks since I didn't feel like going back out. Most importantly, his words and conversation showed that he understood and he made me laugh! I went back to my room with a smile on my face. Regarding location, be aware that there are multilane highways near the hotel and these can be seen from your room. There were no traffic sounds and it was convenient because the hotel's location had many choices of highway directions immediately accessible. To offset the difficulty of crossing the street to walk downtown, a $6 (all-day) hotel shuttle is available. You also could drive downtown where we found lots of parking places. The downtown parking cost was offset by the fact that parking at the hotel was at no added cost. If you are a person who wants to walk downstairs to be in city excitement, this is not the hotel for you. We wanted to the hotel to be quiet and out of the way and with easy access to the Charleston attractions. Regularly, we enjoyed the city and also went to one of the available islands and then returned to our quiet hotel. We will return and have already recommended this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Get a riverside room and an upper floor for the scenic views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

We are so glad you had such a fantastic stay with us over the long holiday weekend. Eddie will be pleased to know you spoke so highly of him! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family members - we can't wait to see you again! Have a Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

While slightly inconvenient, with a little practice, it wasn't hard to get around. Very nice room and public areas. Only breakfast is available but there is also a convenience store on-site. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words regarding our staff members. We hope we'll see you on your return visit to Charleston!