$399
$219
$199
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$359
  • Restaurant
The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Pool
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$269
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$127
HIExpress.com
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$489
$449
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$154
$140
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsashley riverhistoric districtlockwood drivefire pithotel shuttlerocking chairsshuttle servicewater viewpool areanice poolclose to downtowncorner roomfree parkingfront desk staffshort drivevery nice hotelfolly beach
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Comfortable room with nice amenities. Great shower! Tiled walk-in shower with nice showerhead, good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Comfortable bed, but hotel needs to purchase bottom sheets large enough to fit the mattress. The fitted sheet was obviously made for a smaller mattress but housekeeping had tried to stretch the corners to fit the thicker mattress. Every time we got in bed the upper corners pulled off the mattress so by morning the sheet would be in a wad under our shoulders and we would be lying on the mattress pad. we added an additional night on the front end of our visit at the last minute and also requested an early check in. Although they made no promises when we called, they accommodated us with the room type we wanted upon our arrival.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that your room was comfortable and that the shower was such a hit! After reading your comments about the fitted sheets, I went in search of the scoop. I shared your review with our Executive Housekeeper and together we went in search of ill-fitting sheets. On our third room, after two that seemed to fit fine, I noticed that the elastic on the corners of the fitted sheet only seemed to come about half way down the mattress. Upon further inspection, we found that the sheet was not put on correctly by the housekeeper, making it nearly impossible to fit. We identified the housekeeper and showed her the error. We no longer have that problem!

Letting us know about issues like this is greatly appreciated! I'm certain that other guests have had that same issue with the fitted sheet. If we don't know about a problem, we can't fix it. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Poor ventilation resulting in rooms that feel like saunas and smell like mold. Tiny baths, again, no vents.

Public spaces are large and pretty on the marina, but our large group over the weekend was in agreement that we were fleeced on high cost/very disgusting lodging.

Meeting planners are lured to this place with low cost meeting space; attendees pick up the bill and have to live with the mistake for days.

Charleston is old- seek out new hotels and enjoy the city.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with our facility. It's true that we have a few challenges here. Issues, such as the size of several guest room bathrooms and ventilation, are not easily changeable in a 5-story building. The hotel was built by another chain over a decade ago. Unfortunately it can be difficult to increase the size of hotel rooms in an existing property. We took great care when renovating to maximize the space we inherited.

Meeting planners return to our hotel time and time again not only for the reasonable cost of our meeting spaces but because of the excellent customer service and unique location directly on the water! We host hundreds of wedding guests and groups every year!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Waterfront in March of 2012. We had an absolutely wonderful experience here and we cannot wait to return sometime this year. The front desk staff was very accomodating to us. We arrived to the hotel a few hours before check in started, and they were able to easily find a room for us. Our room was very clean and the beds were amazingly comfortable. After a 10 hour drive it was great to lay down and take a nap when we arrived. The location of the hotel is beautiful along the Ashley River. We enjoyed sitting on the wrap around porch and watching the sail boats. It is a very short drive to the Historic District, like I'm talking less than 2 miles. My husband and I stayed here before going on the Carnival Cruise out of Charleston. The hotel allowed us to leave our car in their lot free of charge for the entire time of our cruise. This saved us quite a bit of money, as the parking at the port was $15 per day. We honestly would have preferred to stay at this hotel for our entire vacation instead of going on the cruise! I am a travel agent and I recommend this property quite often to customers. Another agent in my office also stayed here this summer and had a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Request River view room when making your booking. The other rooms face a busy highway and it is not as relaxing to sit on the balcony facing the highway
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steph452
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! Nothing thrills me more than a happy guest who can't wait to come back! As you mentioned we are happy to offer free parking for our guests embarking on one of the Carnival Cruise ships that depart from our beautiful city. As long as you spend atleast one night with us your car is welcome to stay with us at no charge while you are out cruising.

We are very proud of our associates! They all love what they do and that is the key to our success of providing outstanding customer service.

Thank you again for your glowing review! Come back and see us again soon.

P.S. This guest provided a very good Room Tip! We gladly upgrade our guests to waterview rooms at no additional charge upon availability. If a view of the water is a "must", be sure to book that room type. Booking a standard room and requesting a waterview does not guarantee one. Thanks for that great tip!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Me and my family decided to stay there for a couple of days. It was construction going on so it was really noisy. We had horrible service at restaurant, eggs were cold, servers were rude. My husband had a problem with people at the front desk. Molly looked like she didn't want us there.
Otherwise its a nice place with beautiful view. But it is not enough to say it was great experience. I will never stay there again. Wold not recommended that!!!

Room Tip: Choose for another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. You are correct that there is construction going on at the property next door to us. Luckily, the pile-driving is complete and the current construction noise is minimal. I apologize that you were also unhappy with our breakfast. It was surprising to hear as we usually get great reviews about the food we provide on the buffet. We have made some employee changes over the past two weeks and our new servers are much more experienced than the previous ones. We have gotten rave reviews so far!

I was truly shocked to read that you felt I didn't want you here. Shocked because I never feel that way about any of our guests. If I came across that way it was unintentional and I am truly sorry.

Every day I go out of my way to ensure that every guest feels welcome and knows they are appreciated. Our business is all about our guests! My goal is that every guest returns home feeling completely satisfied with his or her stay and has a desire to stay with us again. I urge future guests to voice concerns druing their stay so that we can have the opportunity to address them immediately! I guarantee we will do everything possible to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The arrival/lobby area was hard to ascertain as you drove up. It wasn't immediately apparent that you needed to go upstairs to check in, and no one was there to indicate that.

The beds were so comfortable with all the pillows. The TV options were good. The room was clean and comfortable. Some of the lighting didn't work, and there wasn't a good way to turn on the lights as you entered the room. Loved having the refrigerator that you could put things in - I hate having those stocked refrigerators that charge you every time you bump it, so we were grateful for the plain 'fridge!

Our bathroom was bare bones - not a lot of spa-like luxury for the money spent. And the toilet paper dispenser kept coming out of the wall completely. Just one of those things...but the Paul Mitchell amenities were nice.

The balcony didn't have the best view, but it was nice, and we enjoyed being out there, or having the door open. It was odd there was no screen door though.

The elevators were a bit slow, but not horrible.

Parking was easy - right under the hotel, or right outside it. Never difficult to get a spot.

The shuttle to downtown Charleston was FANTASTIC! Inexpensive service that let you travel every half hour to downtown for shopping/food/touring. Very nice service. Less expensive than paying for parking downtown.

The breakfast buffet was good, if not a bit pricey. Lots of good selections though.

The pool looked great - wish I had the time to enjoy it!

Great location - so nice to be near a path to go running or walking. Loved the view of the marina.

Room Tip: I would request a marina/river view. We had a marsh view, and it also overlooked an expressway and some other roads. There was a marsh, so it wasn't horrible, but I think I would have LOVED the marina/river view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank burgesslake
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regardng your recent visit to the Marriott Courtyard Waterfront. I am glad that the hotel met your expectations. Our beautiful location, combined with all the amenties and attractions of Charleston, make this hotel a perfect choice for a great visit.

Your comments are appreciated, and we hope you will choose the Courtyard Waterfront on your next Charleston visit.

Regards,