$366
$295
  • Pool
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $394/night.

The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$157
$142
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$159
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$167
$152
  • Pool
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$99
HIExpress.com
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$99
$90
$153
$138
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$239
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $345/night.

Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$109
All reviewsashley riverhistoric districtlockwood drivefire pithotel shuttlerocking chairsshuttle servicewater viewpool areanice poolclose to downtowncorner roomfree parkingfront desk staffshort drivevery nice hotelfolly beach
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We just had a family wedding in Charleston. The wedding party stayed at the courtyard and received excellent service. We also had the rehearsal dinner for about 80 people on the patio at the courtyard. Bailey, Christine, Sterling and Molly all went out of their way to help. Bailey guided us thru the pre-event planning to get exactly what we needed. Christine helped with a few last minute issues and Sterling helped us get the room we needed for a longer stay. At one point I was concerned about a miss communication with the outside caterers. Molly said don't worry about it, she would take care of it and she did. We used Jim 'N Nick's for the food, IceBox for the bar tending, Event DRS for the plates and Charleston Flower Market for the flowers. They all worked great together. The view of the harbor was a great back drop for alot of pictures.

The location was very close to the actual wedding site at the historic Rice MIll on Lockwood.

The rooms were great and the food excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your experience at the Courtyard-Waterfront. It was a pleasure to be part of such a special day. It was a beautiful event, and we are all delighted that it met your expectations.

We hope we will have the chance to serve you again soon.

Thank you so much.

Asst General Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel had a beautiful view of the harbor and a very nice outdoors area to sit at and relax during a mid-October weekend stay. My husband would have preferred the downtown location, but I really enjoyed the views and atmosphere at this location. The hotel staff were very friendly, but the breakfast staff were just okay. I have a lot of food allergies, gluten intolerance, and lactose intolerance, which the staff were not helpful with at all. While my husband did eat breakfast there, I was not able to. He said that the food was mediocre at best and not worth the price they charge for it. Construction will be going on next door until fall 2013, and we were not able to sleep in because of the noise. Early birds shouldn't have any problems, though. We were able to hear people walking around above us during the night, which also added to poor sleep quality for us. The hotel was really beautiful, but overall average.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding the Courtyard-Waterfront. My apologies for a less than perfect stay.

The hotel consistently receives excellent comments regarding the quality, and the wide variety of food on our buffet, so I am a little surprised by your comments. I am sorry that you feel our servers were not responsive enough to your questions regarding your specific dietary needs. I am not sure if you spoke to one of our managers, but I think they could have given you better information. I will address your question to our food vendor to confirm what items might be able take care of this type of request should it come up again in the future.

Thanks again for your comments, and I hope we will have the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Asst. Gen Mgr

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was very surprised by this hotel. It was super nice, not downtown though but a good spot to stay at. Its about 10 minutes away from downtown. They are doing construction around the hotel right now but it didn't bother me. The staff was great and the hotel was beautiful! Not what I expected at all!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback. The Courtyard-Waterfront's unique setting does set it apart from the rest of Charleston's many great hotels....and it is only a few minutes from downtown Charleston. I am glad you had a great stay, and I hope we will have the chance to have you back soon.

Asst Gen Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed three nights in October. Although some don't like the location, it worked well for us. Easy access to Calhoun which gets you into town and back on Spring worked for us throughout our stay. Nice sized pool and looks out over the marina which can be quite pleasant in the evening. Get a marina view and an upper floor room you can have a decent balcony. In October it was pleasant to sit outside. Room was a nice size and comfortable. Fridge and microwave are nice convenience.

The downsides - as many mention there is pile-driving going on next door, but if you are sight-seeing during the day its over by the time you return in the evening. Breakfast is poor quality compared to what I've had at other Courtyard. A/C in our room did not work very well, which would have been a much bigger problem in July.

If you are a devoted Marriott rewards earner / user this is an OK place but I would look at the other properties in Charleston first.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor with Marina view and balcony. First floor balconies are too small.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry G
CYCharlestonMgr, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. The Courtyard-Waterfront does offer a unique waterfront location, with a great view of the Ashley River from the hotel's pool or terrace.

I am sorry that you experienced less than a perfect stay. The construction next to the hotel can be disruptive but as you said, it will not dramatically influence your stay if you are out and about Charleston during the day. Regarding your comments on quality of breakfast, I am somewhat surprised. Out breakfast is one of the most highly rated areas on our guest surveys. It is always possible to have an off day, and if your experience was negatively influenced by that my apologies.

Once again, thank you for the feedback, and I hope you will return soon

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend, while visiting son at college. This is not downtown, so if after the hustle and bustle of downtown, you want a quiet area to retire to, this is your place. Our room was clean, with the fan on the AC, there was enough white noise, so I wasn't bothered by the highway. Parking here is free. We ended up driving into the city, which took 2 minutes, and parked near the college. This was not an issue. I am very particular about noise when I sleep, and I found this hotel to be quiet. Staff friendly, beds comfortable, room clean. All in all good.

Room Tip: We got a corner room, with a balcony, which was nice. Could see the water, but mostly the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Marriott Courtyard-Waterfront.

We are delighted that the hotel's facilities and service met your expectations, and I hope we will have you back as a guest again in the near future.

Asst General Manager