“Wonderful Experience, Thank you!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
Ranked #45 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Trenton, New Jersey
“Wonderful Experience, Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I recently stayed at your property and wanted to take a moment to say how pleased I was with your hotel and especially your staff.
I was travelling with my elderly parents and the girls at the front desk and Eddie McBride, concierge, went out of their way to make sure the stay was delightful for all of us. I was not sure when or if I would be able to travel with my parents again and was trying to make the trip perfect for them. They both had different needs as well as I and everyone of the staff listened, understood and guided us along the way.

Can’t thank them enough.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

Waterfront patio area is outstanding area to relax. Quiet hotel, only a very short car ride or taxi ride into historic district.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I stayed here as I was in town for a meeting so my client booked a room, I was impressed with the helpful front desk staff in offerer tips for local dinning of which there were ton's of great places. Even offered us some fresh baked warm cookies in the breakfast area, nice!!

Once I got to my room on the 3rd floor it was nice to see a clean room with all the basics but a big a plus for families... my room including a seating area and a bonus small kitchen area with sink coffee maker, and small fridge (dorm size).

In the morning I checked out the free breakfast which in common these days at most hotels but this place had a breakfast beyond common. Over the top options, cream gravy/biscuits, southern style grits, waffles and even heathy options such as yogurt , fruit and whole wheat bread.

The upside's here, at least from my view:
Clean nice rooms with a small simple kitchen
Great location
Nice views
Amazing Breakfast
Nice views
Clean pools

Room Tip: My room was on a higher floor overlooking the boat docks.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Mr. Boyd,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to take a moment and share with you my stay with you this week.

I have traveled my whole life to various places and many times around the world. I have stayed at many hotels as well, but, this stay I wanted to share with you.
Your Guest Care Manager, Heather Klein, by far has been the most pleasant and responsive person I have ever witnessed at a front desk. She has always greeted me with a smile and answered every situation I have thrown at her. As a business traveler I am so quick to complain when things are wrong, however, with this experience with Courtyard Marriott I personally wanted to email you and say Thank You for this pleasant stay. This is a very wise business to have Heather be the first point of contact to your customers.

Mark Patterson

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank david P
CYteamLeader, Manager at Courtyard Charleston Waterfront, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Mr. Patterson,

You are so right Sir. Heather was recently awarded one of our company's top awards for her level of service and the examples she set's on a daily basis. We are blessed that she has chosen our property as her place of work. She truly cares about all of our guests and assures she's done everything she can to make your stay the best it can be.

But wait, there's more: How about Eddie McBride, South Carolina state level winner of the Front of the House Hospitality Associate of the year. We also have Harold Washington, South Carolina state level winner of the Back of the House Hospitality Associate of the year. We even have what we think is an Angel. Dorothy "Mama" Swinton has been awarded the Humanitarian of the Year award for her volunteer work in caring for our guests who are local hospitals for treatment. What an honor it is for me to serve you along side this great talent!

Y'all come see us!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

I liked that even as a chain hotel, it felt like I was in South Carolina with the southern architecture and waterfront view. The staff was very easy to work with and our room was comfortable (but not glamorous, but for the price, very pleased). I also liked the large public patio. It had ample furniture and was a great place to sit and read while my hubby napped. My only complaint would be the distance from downtown. We found ourselves spending way more than anticipated on cabs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Springboro, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

The staff was excellent. The hotel was very clean and the room was very nice.

Located close to highway and easy to get to Historic District and Airport.

This worked well for one night returning from HHI, but would probably stay in Historic District if staying longer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

My fiance and I went on our 6th anniversary to Charleston mid-August. I am a travel agent and have booked many clients here at this hotel with no complaints what so ever so I booked it for myself. The rooms were gorgeous; the view was wonderful (water view not city view). The city view isn't bad, however it overlooks a busy highway/interchange so it's not the best of views. The water view is great; it overlooks a harbour with marina full of sail boats and it's beautiful at sunset. The outdoor pool is surrounded by a veranda deck with oversized comfy lounge chairs and couchces. The service staff was wonderful; special shout-out thank you to Heather at the front desk for helping me resolve some issues I was having (not with the hotel but with a personal issue). The housekeeping staff was great, the restaurant breakfast was fantastic, location was even better. I would recommend to friends, family, strangers, and clients.

Room Tip: Water front, king suite; room on higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple