“Great Experience!”

843 Korean BBQ & Sushi House
Reserve with OpenTable
843 Korean BBQ & Sushi House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 984 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed September 8, 2016

We went here a few weeks ago and got the Korean BBQ. We made reservations ahead of time but probably didn't need to. The server was great and we were well attended during the experience.

We ordered two meat dishes, Galbi and Spicy Pork. The Galbi was the clear winner but the Spicy Pork was also good. It is worth the extra few dollars to get marinated meat.

The meal is cooked on a grill in your table and you get plenty of banchan, or side dishes. House made Kimchi to boot!

We will def be back!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

I'm not really trying to give the place a bad review, because that wouldn't be fair. "My review is on the price," because it was so high that my family and I left. It is much more expensive than other nice restaurants in the area and I felt like we were at a casino in Vegas or something with the atmosphere. We dipped out before being seated.

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

The meal was spectacular with great portions! Being my first time at a korean bbq, I did not know what to expect.--OMG! Aside from the fact that I discovered that I did not like pork belly, everything was tasty. I loved eating the veggies and meat on romaine leaves. Additionally, the sauces complimented the meal nicely. And, the sushi was fresh. Everyone should support this place. For those who are familiar with the area, the quality of the food is similar to that which is found on Market St. I hope this place is here to stay.

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

The food and service was amazing! We were recommended to try the yogurt soju, and wow was that good. Definitely try the spicy pork, and bulgogi!

Reviewed May 27, 2016

Had reservations for one of the grill tables, we were seated on time. Grill selection is good, had Bulgolgi and spicy pork along with the vegetables. Bulgolgi and spicy pork were good, but vegetables were a few asparagus, a few mushrooms and a ton of squash. Not much value for the cost on that , so I would skip it. Next time we go we will eat off of the regular menu, the grills are more like hot frying pans, not much flame allowed to get to the meats. Anyways food was tasty and the décor of the inside of the restaurant is nice, they need to do something with the outside. Rice, if you like rice like we do comes in very small bowls, 1 per person and its $2 for another bowl, Not sure why they skimp on one of the cheapest items cost-wise for them. Anyways overall it was a good experience. I would also advise them to open for lunch, they have Boeing and SPAWAR close by and could make more money at lunch then they probably do at dinner.