“Amazing food and atmosphere”
Review of Monza

Monza
Ranked #94 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This place is a little smaller inside, but not in an uncomfortable way. I've been to Italian restaurants in NYC that are small and jam packed, but Monza is smaller in the sense that everyone can pick up on each other's energy. We sat at the "bar" in front of the kitchen where you can watch them cook. We ordered the antipasti. We had no idea what it was, but it was pretty amazing. We also split a Count Louis pizza, which was the perfect size between two people. The pizza was beyond amazing. We had peroni and wine to go with the meal, and finished with their tiramisu. I'm a nut when it comes to tiramisu. I have to try it whenever I'm at a good restaurant that has it. Loved it. Our server had two other big tables she was watching, but it wasn't hard to grab her attention if we needed something and she was quick and food didn't take long at all.

The atmosphere was great for friends, family, or a date. It wasn't too loud where we couldn't hear each other, but the smaller size of the restaurant allowed for a more intimate atmosphere, even at the bar. Would definitely go back if I visit again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I've had a lot of really terrible pizza in Charleston (those places will remain nameless: I suspect you know who you are), and some "OK" pizza but until now no "WOWISTHISGREATPIZZA"! in Charleston. That is, until I discovered Monza! I'm from New York and have spent a fair amount of time in Italy, so seriously folks I have had great pizza and can recognize it in an instant! This is the real thing: thin crust and great, FRESH mozzarella. Just about perfect and totally unlike the wet tasteless dough drenched in a tidal wave of damp that usually passes for pizza in this universe. Cool, beautiful surroundings, attentive service and a magnificent garden. Monza could be transferred to the south of Italy virtually without changr.. And I WILL be back!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Monza was on a list I ran across of top pizza places, and since we were headed to Charleston on vacation, and pizza is one of our favorites, we had to try it. It was wonderful thin-crust pizza. The crust had the same crispy chewy texture I like in a more typical hand-tossed, but without the excess dough. You do order from named combinations, not a la carte ingredients. I had a Fangio, my spouse had a P83. Added bonus: Closed for Business next door is a great place to sample craft beers beforehand, and is run by the same people.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had the best thin crust pizza ever. Loved the smoky flavored bacon on the pizza, also good salad. Nice looking restaurant and very good service. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place was recommended by the hostess at a restaurant down the street that had a wait list. Adorable atmosphere and the pizza was excellent. Very light crust with fresh ingredients on top. My husband got a salad that he thoroughly enjoyed. I would definitely dine here again and recommend to any one visiting Kings St.