“11th best pizza in the USA? Had to try it.”
Review of Monza

Monza
Ranked #94 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Monza was on a list I ran across of top pizza places, and since we were headed to Charleston on vacation, and pizza is one of our favorites, we had to try it. It was wonderful thin-crust pizza. The crust had the same crispy chewy texture I like in a more typical hand-tossed, but without the excess dough. You do order from named combinations, not a la carte ingredients. I had a Fangio, my spouse had a P83. Added bonus: Closed for Business next door is a great place to sample craft beers beforehand, and is run by the same people.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had the best thin crust pizza ever. Loved the smoky flavored bacon on the pizza, also good salad. Nice looking restaurant and very good service. Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place was recommended by the hostess at a restaurant down the street that had a wait list. Adorable atmosphere and the pizza was excellent. Very light crust with fresh ingredients on top. My husband got a salad that he thoroughly enjoyed. I would definitely dine here again and recommend to any one visiting Kings St.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

i live in new york city so please trust me when i say that this pizza was excellent. the pies are big enough to share but there is definitely room left over for their amazing, amazing gelato and tiramisu. their limoncello cocktails were outstanding. we stopped in because we couldn't get a table at the restaurant we wanted to go to and i couldn't be happier.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The decor inside Monza is very fun and unique. So are the different kinds of pizza. The pizzas have a nice thin crust, but the cheese and sauce is a little weird. The cheese is kind of put randomly all over the pizza in little blotches, but it's really good mozzarella. The ceaser salad is very bland so I don't recommend it, but the house made cured tuna salad is amazing. Overall, a good restaurant, but not the best pizza.