“Good home cooked comfort food!”
Review of Lizard's Thicket

Lizard's Thicket
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Cayce
Reviewed June 10, 2012

When I saw a restaurant named Lizard's Thicket, I had to try it! The wait staff had the usual SC hospitality. I ordered one of the specials of the day: meatloaf with 3 sides. I chose squash casserole, which was something I had never had before, but delicious, fried zucchini and green beans. It was way more food than I could eat, especially as it came with corn muffins. I ordered a soda and also dessert to go and my bill came up to $14 + change. You can't beat that. This was my last night in SC or I would have gone back to try their chicken and dumplings another night.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The food was very good and freshly made. Prices were very reasonable we enjoyed it.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

About average food is all. Chicken fried was not overcooked but didn't have much flavor. Okra & tomatoes side was bitter. Collards not much flavor. The bad thing is there are not many other choices if you want veggies.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Can't spend $6 - 9 for a better full meal.
Several located in Columbia Area. Most even open for part of if not all day on most major holidays.
Be it the tasty lunch of up to 1 meat & 3 veggies or the awesome breakfast thats always been one of my favorites. Fish , chicken, pork chops, beef stew over rice, steak, salmon pattyies, the list goes on .. Mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, squash, okra, beets, string beans, cabbage, lima beans, corn, squash casserole, and more. Various desserts.
The breakfast has variety of options from samplers to omelettes to simple breakfast and more.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Lizard's Thicket chain has great country cooking. You get a meat and three vegetables for $6.99 which is a great deal. I think it's a great place to take your family or old people; my Pa-Pa loved it!