“Excellent Value”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Cayce
Jacksonville, FL
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed August 5, 2008

This hotel was excellent value for the discounted price we paid on the website. Both the hotel and pool were clean. The hotel is beautiful with complimentary breakfast (including waffle station).
Our King-bed room was spacious (not a suite) and quiet.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zanesville Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites on our way to Florida. At check-in the staff was very friendly and the fresh baked cookies were wonderful. The room was roomy and clean. There was a computer available in the lobby for guests to use and internet hook-up in the room which was a plus. The front entrance was relaxing with rockers. The pillows are feather and my husband had a allergic reaction. He called down to the desk and requested different pillows, Within 5 minutes they were delivered to the room. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever seen at any hotel.

We were so pleased with our stay we stayed there on our way home the following week and was just as happy.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We planned our trip to Columbia for my son's BCT Graduation. We booked this hotel reservation through Expedia.com. The reservation was paid for on 5/30 for our 7/1 arrival.

We checked out on the 4th and at that time it was confirmed that the room was paid for.

On the 7th of July, there was another charge to my account for the 4 day stay. I was promised at that time by the Mgr that my account would be credited on the 7th.

On the 9th I contacted him again as my account was STILL not credited. OOPS he can't recall why he did not process this on the 7th...

As of today, July 12th, I still do not have a credit and am not feeling a lot of appreciation from the hotel for how patient I have been. I am NOW being told it will take 7-10 days to get this back into my checking account.

Odd how from a holiday the 4th of July then the weekend of the 5th and 6th they could get the money process to be taken out of my account on the 7th.....when in fact I had already paid for this reservation.

I am now being told by Corporate that I will need to wait 48 hours to get an answer as to the status of this transaction.

The Manager is less than professional and certainly does not appear to be capable of handling a hotel. They had LOST our reservation when we arrived on the 1st and that should have been a sign.....

I suggested they overnight me a $300 check and if and when this CREDIT get applied, I'll mail them a check back within 7-10 days. Oddly, that is not acceptable to them.

Buyer beware. There are about 5 other hotels on that street - stay at one of them.

• Liked — Room was clean
  • Disliked — Being DOUBLE charged for reservation, Internet cable broken - after calling no one came from front desk to fix, needed first aid ointment for daughters blister - NONE available from front desk, only fast food nearby.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed December 25, 2007

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites a handful of times and have aways enjoyed it. This one was no exception. The lobby was homey and the usual fresh baked cookies were awaiting us on arrival. I like the fact that they have queen beds in every room. That is a huge positive with a family of four. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The manager went out of his way to ask how things were going for us. In the morning, the free breakfast is more than most continental breakfasts. Overall, we were all very satisfied and would stay here again.

• Liked — Homey, friendly enviroment
  • Disliked — Maybe could have Ice machine on every floor
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Einsteinlips
Augusta, GA
Reviewed September 27, 2006

I booked this hotel using my points that I had earned from past stays at various Country Inn Hotels. I stay in Country Inn Hotels at least 12 nights a year. Using my points I was to check in 9/8/06 & check out 9/10/06, for no cost. We were there to enjoy a football game. At check in I noticed a mildew smell. We dropped our bags and went to eat. I have severe allergies and asthma. After 10 minutes of being in our room I could not breathe. The carpet in our room was soaked. They moved us to 2 other rooms all with the same problem. The lady who was trying to get us to moved denied she smelled anything. I stated to her that the floor in 3 rooms were soaking wet so obviously there was a problem, she acted as if she had no idea what I was talking about. I asked her to touch the carpet but she just stood there.

Although we did finally get a room at another Country Inn hotel. It ruined our entire evening, and I was sick the entire trip. I had to go to the doctor Monday for shots and medication. This could be a great hotel if they would fix whatever problems they seem to be having instead of denying there is a problem.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank booherds
Allentown, Pa
Reviewed June 5, 2006

The service was great, the rooms very nice, the breakfast was good!
Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank 1barkley
Midwest
Reviewed April 12, 2005

Very nice, new hotel. In general, it has the look/feel of nearly all Country Inns and Suites. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The only downside is the location relative to places to eat. Although there are places to eat nearby, the larger selection of places is approx. 10 miles north on the interstate.

Will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank erikdane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayce
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
#7 of 11 in West Columbia
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport? Share your experiences!