and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Cayce
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at the masters inn knox abbott drive cayce s.c. for two nights in town for a graduation. As I walked in in noticed that it was big spot in the middle of the floor looks like somebody got shot and no one tried to cleaned it up. The front desk clerk Verna was very rude and seemed to be short of breathe while she was checking us in mind you I was the 2nd in line. Then about 30 mins later the manager came in he was very rude to this young lady who asked for clean towels. They next day the housekeeping staff beat the door down wanting my dirty linen I glady gave it to her so I can grab her name of her name tag. She was an older lady named Genieva I felt bad for her maybe she dislike working there. When I knew that we were going home I was relieved but terrified of who's comming to beat the door down again. I told the lady that checked us in that they were rude and very loud yelling down the stairs. She looked confused herself.all in all I would not suggest anyone to stay her unless u know ur going to be gone before housekeeping kick your door open. BEWARE OF THE CRACK SMOKERS AND DOPE DEALERS PROSTITUTION AND KEEP EXPENSIVE THING LOCKED IN THE CAR. CHEAP BUT IS IT WORTH THE HASSLE.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

okay for the money but the manager was very rude and the front desk clerk was was also rude
the shower was not clean in the maid walked in before check out time while I was trying to get my stuff the pool closed way too early

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The motel is not brand-spanking new but well-maintained. A great value, convenient to downtown and perfect for my needs. I received a friendly and professional welcome upon arriving. Only problem for me was too much air freshener.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's exactly the same room as I stayed in last time, but it now costs $3.00 more, and the weekend prices go into effect on Thursday. Still, the location cannot be beat if you want vicinity to the best parts of Columbia -- downtown, the Vista, 5 points and the university area. Although the price is higher, it is still in the sensible range. Maybe they will use the extra money to spruce up the rooms, like wash the stains off the walls, remove spots from the carpet, or get rid of that locker room smell.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside corridor facing the pool are quieter.
Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beachtrekr
Reviewed April 17, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this place for a week moving our girls in to USC in August 2012 and not ever will we stay there again. We were afraid of the people that were staying also in that hotel. There was more activity going on there then people just sleeping and not in a legal way. You kinda pick up on it after a few days. Lucky one of our girls got moved into her place and we made the other stay with her and not come back to the hotel. We stayed away as much as we could because most motels were booked that week because of students moving in to USC. The cleaning people didn't clean the room very well, just change the sheets once when they should have done it 2 more times. They didn't vacum or clean off the mirror or TV screen and when I told them about it they said the stains won't come off so I got some cleaner and showed her it does come off. The frig and microwave wasnot cleaned either and the place smelled like old mold.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

If you are just looking for a clean affordable place to stay close to Columbia this place will do. It's nothing fancy but the room I had was clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. The room had a frig and microwave in it. It's close to downtown Columbia and the "Vista". Overall I'd have to say this is a place is well worth staying.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jdj2055
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayce
SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista
Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown
Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Courtyard Columbia Downtown at USC
Hilton Columbia Center
Hilton Columbia Center
#10 of 93 in Columbia

Been to Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina? Share your experiences!