“We Will Continue To Stay Here!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Camden
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Camden
Estill, South Carolina
“We Will Continue To Stay Here!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am sad to see other experiences posted about this hotel. I frequent this hotel because my daughter competes in several horse shows throughout the year at the Equine Park. The staff has always been friendly and courteous. This past weekend, the gentleman at the front desk went above and beyond what is expected of him!

As we were getting out of our car we heard air leaking from one of the tires. When we asked the gentleman behind the desk for information about a tire store he offered to look at our problem. To our surprise he immediately asked for a jack and began to change the tire, in his work clothes! When he finished he was filthy, as we were driving our dually truck that tows the horse trailer. He didn't mind one bit. To me, this is top notch service and our hero on our trip.

Additionally, we did not have any issues with our room. One must keep in mind what and where they are checking in to. This is a highway property in a very small town. I think they do a great job and we will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly property, so if this bothers you ask for an upper floor room. Pets stay on t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on a rainy night just prior to a big festival that was to take place in Camden. I found it to be above my expectations.

The staff seems to be the best thing about the Comfort Inn. A young woman named Missy was at the reception desk when I arrived. She was extremely helpful and courteous. When I had to go to a meeting less than forty-five minutes after checking in, she found directions for me and shared helpful information about Camden with me. In the morning another young woman (whose name I cannot recall), anticipating that several guests would need directions as all of us were there for the same meeting, had printed directions to our meeting's venue so that we would not be delayed as we departed.

The location is excellent if you have business in or are visiting Camden.

There were a few problems with the room. The chair's upholstery needed cleaning or, preferably, replacement. The closet door did not work properly, and I had some trouble getting the curtains to stay closed. On the other hand, it seemed to be very clean from an overall perspective. There were not many amenities in the room, but I did not expect them given the price that I paid for a night's lodging.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was so disappointed with this stay. In all of my experience staying at Comfort Inns this was by far the WORST. The staff was not at all friendly or accommodating. The bed was nice to look at but terribly uncomfortable. The windows were dirty and the curtains were not only, not ironed but not the same size (length). The heat did not work properly and there was a toilet somewhere in my section of the hotel with a leak that would cause water to go on and then boom when it turned off every two minutes. I may return to Camden but I will never stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank alwaysawayFlorida

Travelers are raving about these Camden hotels

Locust Grove, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Not quite up to par with other Comfort Suites.
Pro: Helpful desk clerk
Good Wi-Fi and TV. (also lots of plug ins)
Good hot shower
All non-smoking
Breakfast ok
Cons: Most rooms do not have fridge or microwave.
Only 1 ice machine
Sink counter very small
Heater barely warm enough
Lobby doors heavy and not auto opening. Hard to get through with luggage

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott B
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Camden because of its proximity to Florence, where we needed to be in the morning. The hotel receptionist was friendly and very helpful—our reservation, made less than an hour prior via mobile app, was incorrect. The clerk provided us with the different eateries around the hotel, most of which were within 5 minutes driving. Although outdated, the room was clean, comfortable, and the free breakfast in the morning was welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DJinNashville
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not much to choose from in Camden, SC and needed to spend 3 nights on business.
A very average hotel in need of some warmth and decor in the rooms. (I think they are in the process of doing just that) Nothing inviting about the rooms but beds were comfortable, room was clean and the bathroom was spacious with good lighting.
Nice breakfast buffet with hot items. Fatz restaurant directly next door within a short walk.Nothing memorable about this place but nothing to complain about. Just a little too pricey for just "OK"

Room Tip: Always opt for top floor. Some rooms have a fridge and microwave on request.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vintagelinensbylois
hinokisnow
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hot breakfast and wireless internet included. Room was quiet and furnishings were reasonably up to date. Very clean with fresh duvet covers. Although toiletries are provided, bring your own shampoo. Outdoor pool.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Holiday Inn Express Camden
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Holiday Inn Express I-20 at Clemson Road
Best Western Plus Columbia North East

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Camden? Share your experiences!