“Good food convient to adjoining hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Thomasville, Georgia
“Good food convient to adjoining hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The spinach salad with grilled chicken was excellent. Full of pecans eggs and warm bacon dressing yummy and plenty big I had it for dinner and it was more than generous. The little poppy seed rolls are great and can't eat just one. The waiter brought just on tiny roll since I was a single that night and it was just a teaser.

Elgin, South Carolina
“Great Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The food is always good, with friendly service. The rolls are to die for with the cinnamon butter. The potato soup is awesome.

Visited November 2012
Batesburg, South Carolina
“Memorable visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been a patron of Fatz Cafe for years; it's an all-around nice place to go to for an informal meal. No matter where you are, if there's a Fatz close by, you can count on consistently good food and reliable and friendly service.

My last visit to a Fatz, though, topped them all. The power inverter in my company vehicle had died, so I had no way to charge my laptop, and it was dying. When I got to the restaurant, I asked if they could seat me adjacent to a power outlet so I could charge the laptop while I was eating, but all of the booths & tables with outlets nearby were occupied. The hostess called the manager, who dug out an extension cord that allowed me to sit two tables away from the outlet and charge the laptop. Now THAT's going out of your way to make the customer happy.

I now try to plan my service route so that I'm in Camden at lunch, just so I can stop by for more of that great service. Oh, and the Oriental Chicken Salad, was, as usual, excellent!

• Visited October 2012
Sumter, South Carolina
“Fatz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The food is great. The service is very good. We go often despite the 30 min drive. They are famous for the calabash style shrimp and chicken but it is all good.

Visited September 2012
Kershaw, Sc
“Food GREAT service terrible!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food tasted excellent but as soon as we were seated we were dissapointed in the service. We were set in the bar area and the waitress there was very cold and VERY pushy. Also even though it was very clear that I was going to be the one paying she kept sudgestive selling to my daughter. Like trying to get her to order more expensive things. I mean I know that is their job but to an extent. Dont target and dont be pushy to a point that is going to make my experiance misserable.

Visited September 2012
CafeEnterprises, Manager at Fatz Cafe, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
At FATZ, we pride ourselves in providing you with a great meal experience. We take your feedback seriously and will share your experience with the team.

Been to Fatz Cafe? Share your experiences!