“Hands down, the best!”

Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down, the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I went in after seeing their page on Facebook! ( https://www.facebook.com/BlythewoodSeafoodEmporiumAndBBQHaven ) It was nice and clean! It didn't smell like fish or any overwhelming aroma, but was rather warm and inviting. It's family owned and operated so you are bound to have a consistently wonderful and homely experience.

They also actually cook everything themselves, including many of the special sauces. With that being said, it is more like a "fresh food as fast as possible" kinda place. I had no issue waiting since they have free wifi and cable television in the lounge/sitting area toward the back. I'm also a bit of a bathroom snob and theirs was a clean and very spacious private room. It even had an automatic timed fresher!

Now when the food came out, I was rather pleased at the large quantity for the price! It was smelling delicious and felt hot off the press! I love shrimp and it was just as tender, big and juicy as can be. Not too crunchy and not overwhelmed with batter. The fish was succulent and not fishy tasting, nor too salty. My biggest pet peeve is fried food being too oily and IT WASN'T! My favorite side dish are the hush puppies! The face that they are handmade certainly explains the melt-in-your-mouth goodness! Don't believe me, just try them for yourselves!

They are very nice about giving out directions to first timers, so call if you get turned around, but you MUST GO!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kimora_Amaya_Rei

Blythewood, South Carolina
“Great seafood and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had dinner here on Friday evening and we were quite surprised. The food was excellent and the service was great. My wife had the fried shrimp, I picked out a fresh Porgy and they fried it whole for me, it was wonderful. They also offer Barbecue, but we have not tried it yet. Eat in or carry out. Give them a try the food was great!

• Visited September 2013