“Homey”
Review of Lizard's Thicket

Lizard's Thicket
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Blythewood
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great family restaurant frequented by locals. Great food, friendly service (thanks Darnell), and everything was really clean.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is one of a number of locally-owned restaurants in the Columbia, SC area. The food is consistently good -- not fancy, just good. Southern style cooking. The rolls are just store-bought, but the corn muffins are good. Their fried chicken salad is legendary. A local institution that has stood the test of time because it is good food, served by friendly waitresses, and you just can't beat the servings of the prices.
They also do catering. In fact, we used them to cater the sides for our son's wedding reception - a southern-style BBQ pig-pickin' cooked by one of our local prize-winning BBQ teams. The catering was even better -- food is prepared on the site in their mobile kitchen.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This use to be a really great sports bar and I don't like sports, but they had fantastic food. Now this is a home style restaurant. The food is good and lots of it. It wasn't the sports bar I was expecting, but I was full when we left. The food was hot and in great quantity. Would I go again? I'm not sure. There are so many other places in this town now, that you can have almost anything you want.