“Easy off the highway but under construction”

Holiday Inn Express Blythewood
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Blythewood
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is easy to find right off the highway but it is under construction with piles of building materials covered with tarps in the parking lot. Nice pool and fire pit in the back. Breakfast is average.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This property is under renovation, it should be as it looks a little tired. Had a nice view of over 50 bathtubs, etc out our window. Staff was on edge from the turmoil and being beaten up by some rude customers. It wasnt their fault that things were in disarray. Breakfast was spartan and cramped for a HIE. The people above us were either lifting weights or wrastlin late at night and early in the morning. We had dinner at the highly recommended San Jose restaurant next door. The food was cheap, great service, but tasteless. I guess we are spoiled with the Mexican restaurants in Calif and WA..
We prepaid otherwise we would have circled right out of the parking lot with all the construction vehicles and debris.

Room Tip: wait until remodeling is done
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank agff3
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blythewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear faulmann,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope you will stay with us again once our renovations are complete.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 18, 2013

hotel was clean and the staff were great, however my mp3 player and headphones and charger for cell headset went missing. Spoke with the desk and manager during my stay. But the person cleaning my room was not in so they would get back to me. Went to the front desk again for an update, they had nothing to report. Spoke with the gm didn't get much help. E-mailed holiday inn got a call back from the gm, but it did seem to be a big deal. I was spoken to like I lost it, but I know it was in my room. I also wasn't happy about the gym being closed, I had to pay the local gym to use the location. Not my best time in SC, it made my trip a downer since it was a Xmas gift with lots of music and pictures of my family some which can't be replaced. I know better for next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean place to stay in a very safe area. Easy access to the highway yet far enough away for the room to be quiet. The bed was very comfy due to the sheets obviously being a high thread-count. Good value for the money! I also just have to add that the front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Staff was friendly, our room was fine for $80, and the location is easy off the highway, but part of the hotel is under remodel. We got a room on the first floor, and the guy checking in just ahead of me got a room on the fourth floor, I went looking for the ice machine on the second and third floor and I just hope no one was in any of those rooms. It looked like a war zone; carpeting torn up bathroom fixtures piled in the hall, a mess. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for updating, it's just that it's difficult not to see or hear something when that's going on. If I hadn't gone looking for ice I wouldn't have noticed. I'd be sure I wasn't on a remodel floor and stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 4, 2013

There going though a remodel which was needed, but its great!!! Its easy off and easy on, gas up right there.
The front desk girl couldn't have been nicer. She just smiled and made you feel so welcomed. Went back out to the car and she cleaning the outside sidewalk!! with a smile on her face.
Morning breakfast was what you would expect... nothing great no fruit but a old bannana, that was a little disappointing, pancake machine down but didn't want one anyway. The girl in charge was just a mornng brightner!! She asked how your stay was and tried to chat, really no one seems to do that anymore..... I really liked this place and I've stayed many places but this one was different, just really nice people... we could complain about stupiid things but the fact is we really want people to think we are worth coming there and this hotel really makes you feel you welcomed! ....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amit M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Blythewood, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback. Our remodel is scheduled to be complete in March 2013; and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again so you can experience the refreshed product. I apologize for the breakfast and I assure you that the issues will be corrected. I wish you safe travels and a happy new year!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our stopping point after a late start driving from FL to NC. It's conveniently located right off the highway. Even though we arrived after 11p, parking was available. We had trouble getting our a/c to start but it eventually did and worked with no problems. The manager discounted our stay b/c of the issue (even though it really wasn't a big deal!). Staff is very pleasant, rooms are clean, breakfast is yummy (and free!). Wifi was a little spotty but good enough for an overnight stay. McDonalds is right across the street so I could grab my sweet tea before hitting the road the next morning :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blythewood
Comfort Inn Blythewood
Comfort Inn Blythewood
#1 of 3 in Blythewood
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Days Inn North Columbia Ft. Jackson
Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North
Residence Inn Columbia Northeast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Blythewood? Share your experiences!