“watch for after charges on your bill, dirty place.”

Days Inn North Columbia Ft. Jackson
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Blythewood
huntsville
“watch for after charges on your bill, dirty place.”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We stayed at this motel because of Vehicle problems that we could not get repaired until the next day. Once we booked into the room we found that the carpet was dirty and stained and there was cigarette burns on the bathtub. I could not get hooked into the WI FI in my room. I went to the lobby to try to get connected and the girl at the front desk was talking on the telephone and was very angry at the person that she was talking to. I waited for about a minute and a half to get her attention. I asked if I could get connected to WI FI in the lobby. She told me I could try and went back to her angry conversation on the telephone. I still could not get on the WI FI so I went back to advise her that I still could not get connected. I waited until she took a break in her phone call.
The bottom bed sheet would not fit the bed and during the night the corners of the sheet kept popping off the mattress and I found myself sleeping on the bare mattress.
When I checked my VISA bill I found I was charged an additional $ 15.00. When I disputed the amount with the card company they said that the Days Inn was placing a charge because we had a dog and that we had trashed the room. The Credit Card people asked the Motel Owner if he could please talk to us and resolve this matter. The Owner would not talk to us. We did have a large dog BUT he stayed in his bed in the truck and trailer to guard our valuables. The dog never did enter the room.!!
These people were not cooperative or friendly.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I booked this room for 4 nights to go to South Carolina and see my son, I asked for a room closest to the pool hoping my son would want to stay over and use it. When I first arrived I noticed the pool was about a third of the size in the picture, my room was at the end of the building from the pool ( since I am a smoker) the pet fee went from $15.00 for the stay to $10.00 a night which had to be in cash, (my pet is a toy poodle by the way not a huge dog) then upon finally seeing my room...the stains in the carpet were horrendous and smelled, there were even dead roaches in the room, I immediately informed the front desk that I would be changing hotels the next day (which I did) The internet advertised a hot breakfast also, which there is not one. My final straw was seeing the manager peeking in the window of my room when he did not realize I was sitting in the chair next to the window and although I believe he was just checking to see if I was gone or not, I thought a knock on the door would have worked better. There was one shining spot for this hotel and that would be the female daytime front desk clerk, she was very understanding and polite.

• Liked — the front desk day clerk
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank caringlady

Travelers are raving about these Blythewood hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I had booked this hotel online for early May 2008 and on the day I was unable to make it due to a fatality on the freeway and there was a huge traffic tailback. I rang the hotel before the stated 3.30pm cancellation policy to inform them I couldn't make it and to ask for a Cancellation Number so my credit card would not be charged. The clerk was very rude and refused to give me a cancellation number and told me I would have to contact Customer Services as they were the only ones who could cancel for me. The clerk then deliberately gave me the wrong number so I couldn't talk to Customer Services. When I did eventually talk to customer services they wouldn't give me a cancellation number either, they said it was down to the hotel manager's discretion whether I could avoid being charged or not. I was given the complete runaround by this hotel chain - a chain I have used frequently over the last 15 years. Needless to say, my credit card WAS charged for the room I never used, the room I cancelled before the alloted time. I had pre-booked another Days Inn for a couple of nights later in St Augustine, Florida, and that was not a happy experience either - see my review of that one! Needless to say, I have removed Days Inn chain completely from my schedules from now on and will never use them again as I have no desire to associate with very rude desk staff who tell lies and give wrong numbers when told you need Customer Services. After reading the other two reviews on here, there would seem to be a serious fault at this hotel and we probably escaped and even worse fate if we had stayed here!

• Liked — The fact we didn't make it!
  • Disliked — Being charged for a room we never stayed in.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank binthere-dunit
Virginia
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My husband and I travel several times a year and have done so throughout our 35 years of marriage. This hotel is absolutely, hands down, the most disgusting place we ever had the misfortune of walking into. If we were able to find another hotel with an available room, we would have taken it. Thank God, we only had to stay here one night. I have never, ever, seen such utter filth in a hotel or motel! If this wasn't bad enough, there were NO towels in the room and NO blankets. My husband called the front desk and was basically told that someone would TRY to locate towels and blankets. There was dried blood (?) smeared on some of the walls and God knows what else the smears of filth were on the walls and carpeting. I am not the type of person to write a nasty review, but honestly, something needs to be done about this Days Inn.

• Liked — The morning we left!
  • Disliked — Everything, but especially the absolute FILTH!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NavyMomX2
Gassetts
Reviewed October 3, 2006

I stayed here because I was traveling with my cost-sensitive boss. I had a room on the second floor with noisy people in the next room. The bed was saggy. Burn holes in the rug. Used towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I was in a non smoking room but the smoke from people standing on the balcony infiltrated my room. Not my kind of place.

• Disliked — Noise
  • Tips/Secrets — There are two other hotels just down the road.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank 2TubMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blythewood
Comfort Inn Blythewood
Comfort Inn Blythewood
#1 of 3 in Blythewood
Holiday Inn Express Blythewood
Red Roof Inn Columbia East - Ft Jackson
Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast

Been to Days Inn North Columbia Ft. Jackson? Share your experiences!