“Don't Expect Bellagio Quality, but it's a good deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jade Garden

Jade Garden
Ranked #137 of 197 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
San Francisco, CA.
“Don't Expect Bellagio Quality, but it's a good deal”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

While in the Hilton Head area we looked through the phone books, the internet and local news searching for a decent Chinese restaurant. Most of the restaurants were upscale fusion type or Panda Express type take outs. We were fortunate to find this place which is hidden in the back of a strip mall right before you turn into the Tanger 1 outlet mall.
The buffet was only $10 and offered 3 types of soup, Mongolian style noodles, sushi, fried frog legs and numerous other entrees. The food was fresh, hot and tasty. Ice cream was available in small 1/2 pint containers (not freezer burn). The rest rooms are clean and floors were not sticky like some less sanitary Chinese restaurants. For the price of a plate of spaghetti and meatballs you can enjoy so much more.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Atenant

LowCountry of South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it! Sushi Bar, Hibachi Bar & Chinese Buffet! It's GREAT!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The Sushi- It's fresh and great! When it runs out, you can watch the sushi chef come out and create some more! I like that because there is no doubt that it not pre-packaged and on ice and the selection varies on what he decides to make!! LOVE IT!!! It's INCLUDED in the one price (around $10).
Hibachi- Serve up your own raw Hibachi favorites at the portion YOU desire and hand it over to the Chef to fry it up right in front of you! Fresh and UNLIMITED Yum-Yum sauce! (Important to note since most Hibachi restaurants are so stingy with it!!) It's still INCLUDED in the one price (around $10).
The other stuff- there's a ton of it and I've like most everything I've had room for, lol... The Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini was really good!
Dessert- I've think I've had room for it once! I got ice cream- I liked that it was in a self serve cup... It was good too!

It's HARD TO FIND- it's best to drive behind the PetSmart by Lowe's, especially when leaving, for easy traffic light access...

• Visited June 2011
Bluffton, South Carolina
“I don't get it...”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

How is possible to open a Chinese place that doesn't deliver? I have never in my life eaten INSIDE a Chinese place... I don't know how it is possible to stay in business without delivering to people's house... It's not like bluffton is to big!

Bluffton, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WANTED TO VOMIT AFTERWARDS.”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This place was terrible. The food was stale like it had been sitting out all day. Everything tasted like the frying oil that they used. Ice cream was even freezer burnt! I read the other reviews on this page before going and expected greatness, but it was awful. My sister and I were both so nauseous afterward that we couldn't make our movie because we honestly thought we were going to vom. The people were nice, but I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this place!

1 Thank mandahlynn45
Hilo, Hawaii
“This is my favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I have lived several places in the US, in Mexico, and the Philippines. I have traveled to Japan and Canada. This place is amazing. I know that SC has a lot to offer, but the Jade Garden is my favorite restaurant. Love the price. My young son eats everything. The establishment is clean, well managed, the workers are sweet and very kind, especially to my son. I love sushi, amazing variety, but you don't just have to love sushi to love this place. We don't go out much due to the expense, but I do go here when I can.