“Early bird dining is a great deal ”
Review of Red Fish Bluffton - CLOSED

Red Fish Bluffton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Red Fish restaurant in Bluffton specializes in cuisine where an eclectic blend of seafood, steaks, fresh local fruit and vegetables are combined with Lowcountry specialties. We are committed to serving our guests the freshest ingredients possible, using home grown produce from our own Bear Island Farms. Diners may also browse the on-site retail wine shop, which boasts more than 1,000 bottles to choose from. Voted Best Wine Selection, Favorite Restaurant for Lunch, Best Burger, and Favorite Caterer by the readers of Hilton Head Monthly Magazine.
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We went with three other couples for the early dining, which included soup or salad, entree plus a glass of house wine. For under $20! My husband chose the sirloin steak with green beans and mashed potatoes, which he thoroughly enjoyed. My selection was their crab stuffed flounder, and it was amazing. All of our dining companions were very happy with their choices also so this experience was a complete success. Now, if you are a big eater you may not be satisfied with the portion sizes, they are a bit smaller than regular dinner entrees. For our group, they were perfect. We’ll definitely do this again.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We have eaten at Red Fish on HHI several times, and always enjoyed it. Unfortunately, Bluffton location was not the best. Our server was inattentive. It took at least 30 minutes to get drinks, and that was after she passed by our table on numerous occasions. Dinner for four lasted almost three hours! The food was OK, but nothing to get excited about. Certain bites of my fish had a very "fishy" flavor that were a turn-off. The key lime pie for dessert was good. There are so many top notch restaurants in Bluffton and on HHI, I doubt we'll return to Red Fish.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Our food was sub-par and we couldn't finish it! To make it worse we had horrible service, we never saw our waiter after he took our order and needed the manager help because he lied about the ingredients in my order. I ordered crab cakes which were labeled as "lump" but were backfin and he told me there were no added ingredients but they had peppers which I told him ahead of time I couldn't eat.

He never asked if we'd like another drink or anything else and only showed up with the check; our friends and us gave a minimal tip.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I’ve never had a good meal at this location and after tonight I will never go back. The service was poor but the food was awful. I ordered from the Early Bird Menu a small steak, medium rare with a V8 salad. The salad was a thin layer of vegetables on a plate, covered with a bottled dressing of some sort and then the dressing and vegetables were totally covered with cheese. Next comes a tasteless, flavorless steak cooked not medium rare but medium well. You could barely cut it with a steak knife and it was smothered with a sticky, sweet sauce. The steak was placed on a bed of what appeared and had the flavor of frozen diced potatoes with tiny bits of sweet red pepper mixed with finely minced green beans. The beans had the appearance and texture of canned beans. The potatoes and beans were mixed in a sweet, sticky soy sauce with the steak on top! Horrible at best. I honestly can’t recall when I have had a meal as bad as this. Shame on the Owner, Management and the Chefs!!!

Reviewed May 15, 2018

We have not been back to Red Fish in about a year but we decided to give it another try.
From beginning to end there was NO customer service attitude at all !!!
We were NOT greeted at the hostess desk by anyone. There were three ladies who were not happy with their jobs. We were seated in a table in the bar area that was squeezed up against the wine racks. The waiter came and took our drink orders and brought them to us. Then he took our dinner orders. After that, we never heard from him again. He was suddenly the bar tender enjoying chatting with his patrons at the bar. He never checked on us after our food came. He never came back and offered us refills on our drinks. He walked right by us a few times and ignored us. We were never offered a dessert menu. We had to stop him to ask for our checks and he was right on that !!! He obviously wanted us out of there so he could turn our table for the next group.
We will never return to Red Fish. Its too bad because it would be a nice place if you were treated with respect and kindness. The food is good.