“my wife birthday flop”

Red Fish Bluffton
Ranked #15 of 211 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Red Fish restaurant in Bluffton specializes in cuisine where an eclectic blend of seafood, steaks, fresh local fruit and vegetables are combined with Lowcountry specialties. We are committed to serving our guests the freshest ingredients possible, using home grown produce from our own Bear Island Farms. Diners may also browse the on-site retail wine shop, which boasts more than 1,000 bottles to choose from. Voted Best Wine Selection, Favorite Restaurant for Lunch, Best Burger, and Favorite Caterer by the readers of Hilton Head Monthly Magazine.
Reviewed May 7, 2018

the last two times I've gone to redfish the dinner and service was horrible. I will never to back. the waiter was a complete jerk. never filled our wine glasses. daughters mani mahi mahi was dry as a bone. they gave her another meal, but she waited for over 15 minutes, we were all done eating at this point. so how do they remedy the situation? free piece of creme brûlée, ice cold, not even warm. never took anything off the bill . I spent 169.00 for three people. food was horrible, chilean seabass over noodles that were so salty I couldn't eat them. The last 2 times there has been a disaster for me and the family. always on a Holliday or birthday to boot. I will never go back. the wait
er was totally inexperienced, a shame, was my favorite at one time. not even a comp on my daughters meal. of at least half off.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

This adorable place has excellent service, delectible food and admirable prices. The wine list is extensive and the atmosphere is perfect for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate getting a work project done that was months, dare I say years, in the making. Great atmosphere, and huge wine list/offerings. I went a bit out of my comfort zone and had the cajun shrimp and lobster burger with cajun fries. It is difficult to describe how great this was. Huge burger, stayed together well and fabulous flavor and texture. The caprese salad was great with really tasty tomatoes, mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette. My wife had the scallops that were cooked to perfection. High wire brown ale was the perfect choice for the shrimp and lobster burger, and it was on tap and fresh. Great service. Wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Our food was very good. Our service was horrible. Ordered tartar sauce to go with scallops--server came back with no menu to change the order said they don't have tartar sauce--ok. 3 of us request shrimp sauce. Order comes no shrimp sauce--order not served by person who took the order. Server does not check on us. We flag down a hostess to get our server, nope--never comes--we finally see her when we are nearly finished eating--she now argues with us that we did NOT order shrimp sauce. We were ignored again while she chats on her way to the kitchen with another table.

redfishbluffton, Manager at Red Fish Bluffton, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

We are so sorry to hear about your experience with the service but are pleased to know that you enjoyed your food! There is no excuse for service to be executed in that manner and we sincerely apologize. We appreciate your review so we can look into the situation and fix it for your future visits! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Visited this restaurant for the first time and was highly pleased. The ambiance is lovely, the service (Conner) professional - quietly attentive without being obtrusive.
Plenty of parking We ate outdoors on the deck on a beautiful day.
The food was very good - crab bisque, lobster & brie quiche, shrimp and grits and crab cake Benedict.
Add a bloody mary, a couple of mimosas and an enjoyable guitarist providing civilized background music and it made for a very enjoyable visit. Total bill was $93 before tip. Not my average lunch tab, but it was an after-church Easter Sunday lunch.
Would recommend it enthusiastically.

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We are open every Sunday for brunch with a slightly more casual menu but always with music and the awesome patio! See you next time!