“Around back is a Dive Bar extraordinaire”
Review of Pepper's Porch - CLOSED

Pepper's Porch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you are looking for an amazing southern dive bar this is the place! Go around back. There is live music, pool, corn hole, and and super cold cheap light and american beers. AKA amazing. You can also get food there.

1  Thank worldie07

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Back bar is our go to place when oysters are in season ! They are always so yummy and well worth the 22 bucks ! The only draw back is the smoking it can get pretty heavy and if your not a smoker is a Huge Drawback ! Cooler nights they have a fire, nice to sit out and have a cocktail . The girls behind the bar are friendly and give good service .

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant twice. The food is ok; nothing is really special. I have done lunch and dinner. The outside is more original than the inside. The owner is nice which is why I decided to give it a second try. The wait staff are very marginal, all of them. At lunch, I was seated at a table for 6 for a party of five. When the check came, I noticed I had a 20% gratuity added to my bill. I asked the waitress and she said if you sit at the table for six, you are charged that gratuity. I told her that to do so was then a surcharge and not a gratuity. She then left the restaurant. We heard her screaming that she did not have to take this stuff anymore and she was leaving. We then found her waiting for us in the parking lot in her car. She waited until we approached and then gunned the engine to I guess try to scare me and cover us with dust. I don't really scare easily I guess. My first trip did not leave me with such a negative impression as this one. My son's girlfriend ordered coffee. It was stone cold. When she asked for a warmer cup, the waitress said she would warm it up. She said it was really cold in the kitchen and coffee got cold quick. She did not offer a new cup although that is what ultimately came. I then went to the bathroom and noticed the bus girl making another pot directly into an insulated carafe. The kitchen temperature would not have mattered. Again, the food was alright but not a place I will waste a calorie again.

3  Thank Michael D
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are locals who are eating at different resteraunts for date night. We tried peppers porch for dinner. I ordered Shrimp and Grits and my wife ordered a seared Tuna. My meal was simply a bland brown gravy with frozen shrimp over grits that were dry and over cooked. My wife plate was ordered medium rare over fried spinach. He Tuna was overcooked slowly and not seared, the spinach was greasy and had only the flavor of grease. A person who appeared to be the owner sat at the bar and was drinking with on of the wait staff. I sent the Shrimp and grits back and ordered a cheeseburger and onion rings. When it arrived, it was obvious that it was a frozen patty and frozen onion rings. This place does not use fresh ingredients which is suprising since a seafood market and a farmers market is less than 4 blocks away. Please take your business anywhere but here.

1  Thank Allen D
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant offers a varied menu with many local specialties. The seafood is always fresh and flavorful. Flexibility in the kitchen accommodates dietary needs and health choices. Service is prompt and courteous. The atmosphere is so "Bluffton" - quirky, quaint, and comfortable. Love this place!