“Terrible Food”

Pepper's Porch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are locals who are eating at different resteraunts for date night. We tried peppers porch for dinner. I ordered Shrimp and Grits and my wife ordered a seared Tuna. My meal was simply a bland brown gravy with frozen shrimp over grits that were dry and over cooked. My wife plate was ordered medium rare over fried spinach. He Tuna was overcooked slowly and not seared, the spinach was greasy and had only the flavor of grease. A person who appeared to be the owner sat at the bar and was drinking with on of the wait staff. I sent the Shrimp and grits back and ordered a cheeseburger and onion rings. When it arrived, it was obvious that it was a frozen patty and frozen onion rings. This place does not use fresh ingredients which is suprising since a seafood market and a farmers market is less than 4 blocks away. Please take your business anywhere but here.

1  Thank Allen D

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant offers a varied menu with many local specialties. The seafood is always fresh and flavorful. Flexibility in the kitchen accommodates dietary needs and health choices. Service is prompt and courteous. The atmosphere is so "Bluffton" - quirky, quaint, and comfortable. Love this place!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food was pretty good; however, the owner's wife and daughter were HORRIBLY rude and condescending to my entire family. I will, unfortunately, never go back no matter how good the food was nor will I ever recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This family owned and operated restaurant was so good we went back the next day. All of the fish dishes were excellent, the tuna was outstanding. We were there in oyster season and enjoyed the best oysters ever. They have a variety of delicious side dishes, such as fried spinach (it's not what you would expect, it's very light and airy, a must try) and corn fritters (these could be addictive, so be careful,) and onion rings. I'm not usually a fan of fried food, but they know how to fry here. The fishes that we tried were not fried, they were grilled or sauteed and prepared perfectly. The tuna was served with a light balsamic that was just so good. They had a dessert menu that featured various homemade items, but we were too full.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you never had steamed oysters this is the place. My golf group never misses a chance to visit this unique restaurant and always has a great time, great oysters and shrimp along with other southern style dishes. Everything is fresh!

The price is always right too and the service friendly !