“Average Italian food, less than average service”
Review of Di Vino Restaurant - CLOSED

Di Vino Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Never had such poor service. The owner and just 1 waitress(poor thing) were trying to wait on customers, bus tables, attend to drink orders and service food. We had our food w/i 15 mins. of placing order but it took over 40 mins to have the table cleared. I finally had to ask for the check and just wanted to get out of there. When I asked the waitress for the check to owner came to our table and asked if we wanted dessert. I politely said we had to leave and maybe next time.

Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

When my wife and I come to Hilton Head Island monthly we bring our guests and dine at Di Vinos because you are always assured of a great dining expierence. We started with DiVinos when they were on Hilton Head Island and followed them to Blufton. We have never had any diisappointment. We have had the best of wine, food, and service.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I ate here last Thursday night. While the owner/server might have been described as being a bit overbearing at first (to some people, but not us), overall he was quite charming and we could tell right away that he is a food lover. He enjoys food, he enjoys telling people about food, and he knows how to pair food and wine, making excellent suggestions so that his customers get the very best experience. We used a "restaurant.com" coupon, which he seemed delighted to see. The service was excellent, and he was attentive but not too much so!

We each ordered a seafood pasta dish, and both were delicious paired with a nice bottle of light Red Zin. We enjoyed our appetizer, a lovely gnocci with excellent flavor, and we also had a fabulous dessert cheesecake - he brought us a bonus piece of cake to try at the same time.

The atmosphere was old-world Italian, with some opera selections playing along with some "ol Blue Eyes"! While we mostly enjoy seafood restaurants when we visit the island, this was definitely a place we will consider going again! Having eaten in several of the "nicer" restaurants on and around the island, we found DiVino to be an excellent value, not at all overpriced, the food was definitely good, and the service wonderful.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We used our coupon and glad we did. The food was average (but very pricey) and the food was just an average meal. The atmosphere was not what you would expect for the price of his food. We have so many other Italian restaurants to choose from on Hilton Head Island. I would not go back. Not worth going even if you use the BYGO coupon.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Unfortunately did't read all reviews before i bought a groupon..and basically it was the only reason why my boyfriend and i decided to visit this place! From the moment we came in...everything started..The senior man asked if we had any clue where we came...we nicely responded that yes..He said:"I don't think so"and start saying that there were not any meatballs or pizza...we tried to accept that understandable..(at that point we haven't even opened a menu yet)..Seems like he was drunk...Then the waitress came..with no clue about the service.. Smelled alcohol and cigarettes(those two worth each other). I've been working in F&B awhile and i was shocked...the word "bad" not even close.
When she asked about wine..i responded-Cab...and she were leaving,not even listen what my spouse is gonna have...Meal was ok..but most definitely not handmade. But, come, on..when you say 'Fine dining'..you expect nice atmosphere, meal, finishing..you don't wanna leave restaurant with no mood.
And of course..price...place is not cheap(25$-entree) ..and gratuity what they add after taxes..not even suppose to be there, especially for 2 top. Very bad! I wish i knew before i bought a groupon. Don't go there!