“Rip Off”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We went with a Groupon. Apparently everything is hand written, no computers, and they tried to overcharge us over $50. Claiming the $5.60 salad was misread as $56. The gratuity was also added in and there were only 2 of us at the table. We had the first charge corrected, but I have no idea if the second total that we paid was correct. There were only 5 tables occupied and a little old man, apparently the owner, shuffled around constantly between the tables sort of like a wind up doll. The food wasn't bad, but I had the feeling of being ripped off. We won't be back.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We went because of a coupon in the mail(2 for 1). Didn't save a dime. They charged us a 19% gratuity on the total and also included the tax before they calculated the total bill. We bought 2 drinks as well. The total came out to $70.00. I don't mind paying that much for food if it is excellent, but it wasn't, plus the fact, we thought the coupon might help with the cost of the meal and it was deceiving.

I had veal marsala, the veal was sub par, my husband had veal scallopine which was also sub par. One meal was $24 and the other $25. When you are paying those prices, the veal should be tender. I have had better.

2  Thank Loraine B
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I wish we had read these reviews before going! Olive Garden has a better 'premium' wine selection, and a much higher quality of food & service. Their early bird special, starting at 4:30, does not exist. They don't open until 5:00, and they don't offer a special. They don't "split checks" because they don't have a computer. Seriously? The waitress knew nothing about the menu or wines. She referred us to an elderly gentleman who we quickly found to be rude and offensive, especially to the ladys. We took his suggestion for our appetizer, which consisted of 3 small raviolis with a "Northern Italian" homemade sauce. The pasta no doubt was a thawed and heated product. Not homemade by any stretch of the imagination. The sauce resembled tomato soup, in taste, texture, and appearance. It was terrible. When our chicken arrived, it had the same sauce. We received about a half a plate of food for dinner. Small piece of chicken (and one had veal), and 3 small pieces of fresh sauteed veggies. No pasta, nothing. The veggies were great, definitly fresh. The ambiance was excellent. Loved the music and the facility, but a definite no-go for next time.

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This was our first time at Di Vino, it was wonderful and very reasonably priced. Peter was the perfect host and server,recommending the specials for the evening. The calamari was the best I have had in a long time......light breading and very tender. My husband and I both had the veal which was excellent! We ended our meal with a delicious Italian cheesecake. Thanks Peter for a great dining experience!, We will be back soon to try some of your other dishes!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

"The Bar" was not open. The staff when we arrived yelled " you have a reservation?". The waitress, in discussing the wine choices said " two questions, white or red and how much do you want to pay?". We paid $27 for a cheap 2011 red. Our food was not good. My wife thought her "pasta of the day" was hamburger helper. Our waitress delivered the wrong entrees. She told us she wished that management would get ride of her counterpart (a charming elderly man). She spent more time whining and handing out cards for her other job than caring about the customers. Overall, weak food at best, overpriced wines and rotten service.