“Hotwire Bait & Switch”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Cleveland, OH
“Hotwire Bait & Switch”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I booked this through Hotwire as a they claimed it was a 3 star hotel even though Hotwire rates Comfort Inns as 2 stars! This is not even a 1 star hotel!

It took 3 tries before I got a room that the carpet was not disgusting, the bathroom sink broken, wires hanging out from wall boxes just plain horrible! If I had not prepaid through Hotwire I would have walked!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
gmsc253, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, November 12, 2009
Thank You very much for bringing your concerns to our attention. We would like to apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. We would also like to assure you that the Management Team is working very hard to correct all aspect's of this property and will continue to do so in the future. We do hope that in the future you would consider giving us a second chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
iowa
Reviewed April 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed one night, and that was too long! The room was out-dated, very worn, and dirty. In addition, the room smelled even though we opened the window to air it out. The blanket on the bed had a stiff foam-like feeI, and had what appeared to be cigarette burn holes. It was most unpleasant, and we did not sleep well. The upholstery on the sofa was dirty and torn. I would NOT recommend staying at this place. Although the price was reasonable, I wish we would have spent a little more money to stay someplace else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
frequent_travler_79, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, April 6, 2009
We would like to thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Management as well as the ownership of the hotel apologize greatly for your experience and assure you we are working hard to improve every aspect of the hotel. Thank you again.
aka-coco
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway for my son's birthday in March. I was completely disgusted fo find the bathroom toilet had urine puddles and pubic hair around the floor. The room was also very beat up and worn looking; especially to be a new hotel. I immediately went to the front desk to get a manager to come see this filth for herself. She showed me two other rooms that I found to be just as gross as ours. I refused to stay another minute. We packed up our stuff and went to another hotel the manager was able to book for us. The entire housecleaning staff should be fired and new staff who take pride in their work should be found. Beware!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
BeaconIMG, Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, March 24, 2009
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention, the management and owners have already taken appropriate action to insure that this incident will never happen again, thank you for your response and we hope that in the future you will give us a second chance to make it up to you.
Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2008

The hotel is conveniently located on 278, which takes you to Hilton Head one way, and Savannah the other (less than 30 minutes each way) The hotel is located in a small shopping mall, within walking distance to a grocery store and some of the best restaurants in the area, like Truffles Cafe (our favorite). The hotel also serves breakfast daily, which was decent, and our room was always very clean. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
gmsc253, Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, September 18, 2008
Thank You for your inquiry about your stay at our property! We greatly appreciate your business and do try very hard to satisfy our guests.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times before and this was the most disappointed I have been. The woman at the front desk was very nice, but the room was well below expectations. In the drawer of the desk was a pack of cigaretts and a lighter, and I don't smoke. I asked for a non-smoking room, so I have no idea what is going on with that. The walls are scuffed up really bad and it needs to be painted.

Stayed February 2008
north carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I used to live in Bluffton and knew this was probably one of the newest hotels in the area. It was such a dissappointment. The carpet was filthy, bathroom smelled, towels smelled, tub didnt drain, sheets were ripped, the whole experience was a nightmare. Staff was rude. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. You could stay in a one star motel for half the price and find the same situation.

• Stayed February 2008
Asheville NC
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Stayed here in April, 2007 and everything was great. Stayed again in October and it was an entirely different hotel. The bathroom smelled extremely bad.The carpet, walls and furniture were all very dirty. There was little staff. They were rude and not helpful. The parking lot had an unbelievable amount of trash that was there when we arrived and there when we left 3 days later. There were hundreds of cigarette butts everywhere on the ground as the recepticles were full and running over. The room, hallway and entrance was not vacuumed the entire time. Other guests were also complaining about the same things. I would never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone. This hotel is neglected and unsanitary.

• Liked — clean sheets and towels
  • Disliked — Entire property was unclean, inside and outside.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton,  Bluffton-Sun City
Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Comfort Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!